After consistent efforts at crypto crackdown, South Korea appears to be gravitating towards a pro-crypto approach. The South Korean Crypto-focused Venture Capital firm, Hashed recently announced the launch of its $200 million fund, Hashed Venture Fund II, to invest in web3 oriented startups, which will incorporate metaverse, blockchain gaming, NFTs, and DeFi concentrated companies.
South Korea's most famous cryptocurrency venture capital Hashed announced that it has raised US$200 million for its Web3.0 fund. Hashed's early investment success projects include Axie Infinity, The Sandbox, Terra, etc.
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) December 1, 2021
“We are radically optimistic about web3’s potential to restore trust and enable new kinds of governance where players collectively make critical decisions about how the metaverse should be defined”, TheBlock quoted Hashed.
South Korea to Follow Crypto’s Global Growth
This fund is said to be a follow up of Hashed’s former web3 oriented fund, that amounted to approximately $120 million in just three months’ period, from its launch in September of 2020, to December of last year. Through Hashed Venture Fund I, the company made investments in blockchain and other technology startups to further promote protocol economy, designating an open economy underpinned by “independent” and “consensus-driven” protocols to facilitate direct rewards via digital assets. The idea of Web3 and crypto adoption is becoming more mainstream with each passing day. Not only the West, in fact countries across the globe are investing in, and embracing the benefits of the decentralized industry.
Last month, CoinGape reported on CB Insights’ data, revealing that the month of November alone exceeded $3 billion in venture capital funding into crypto and blockchain startups. Furthermore, the value of venture investments in the decentralized industry surged globally, from $3.1 billion in 2020, to $21.3 billion by November 30 of this year.
Earlier this week, South Korean authorities finally folded on its long-standing anti-postponement stance regarding the implementation of crypto taxation in the nation. The National Assembly of South Korea passed a bill on Tuesday to push back the implementation of crypto taxation to January 2023. Kim Young-jin, Chairman of the Tax Subcommittee also noted that imposing taxation on the crypto market without a clear government definition wouldn’t be a good idea.
“There is an inconsistent system for imposing taxes without a clear basis on how to legally define cryptocurrencies in our system… but only in Korea does taxation come before regulation.”
- Microsoft’s Activision Acquisition Bullish for SHIB Community- Shiba Inu Spokesperson
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- JPMorgan: High Gas Fee A Big Problem for Ethereum (ETH) Valuations, Can Lose Market Share
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?