The S&P 500 index moves above $3000 in less than three months from the COVID-19 crash in mid-march. With the weak economic projection and fundamental, this might come as a surprise to many. Nevertheless, the price action seems to be dominated by the Fed induced market liquidity. Thomas Lee, partner at Fundstrat tweeted,
– analysts are mostly ‘flying blind’ with their estimates for 2Q.
Hence, we expect 2Q2020 EPS to be WAY BELOW consensus, and probably a loss for 2Q2020. S&P 500 2020 EPS likely $50 per share
The earning per share (EPS) in 2019 was reportedly $139.47. Even with negative projections for the second quarter, the stock markets continue to soar up on the short side liquidity in the markets.
Presently, the $3009 level also marks the 200-Day MA (Moving Average), support above the moving averages would be significant for the bulls. The revival of the economy after the lock-down is helping the bulls with stock markets in Asia and oil prices soaring as well.
The correlation between Bitcoin [BTC] and the stock market seems to have weakened since the halving pump around the first week of May. The traders sentiments which turned bullish around halving have now become negative with the drop below $9000. The price of Bitcoin [BTC] at 5: 15 hours UTC on 26th May is $8895.
Greater Risk Patterns
Since the gold prices continue to trade above $1700, the risk-on component in the markets still seems inhibited. Bitcoin, which surged along with the stock markets in March and April stands to gain in the neutral, but uncertain environment. Crypto analyst and trader, Josh Rager tweeted,
$ price action a little slow right now – hoping it picks up along with stock market hype tomorrow
Altcoins are still the play right now to stack more sats
A bullish action in Bitcoin stands to amplify the gains in altcoins. The dominance of Bitcoin over the crypto markets is currently at 66.6%. A break below the 200-Day EMA and parallel range support around 66.04% could lead to considerable growth in altcoins vs. BTC pairs.
Do you think that the crypto markets are primed for a bull run? Please share your views with us.
- Whales Eye Litecoin Ahead Of Major Update, Here’s Why
- U.S. Is Winning Bitcoin Mining Race But China Still Not Out Of Picture: Report
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Terra Crash Spilled Over Into Other L-1 Blockchains, Here’s How
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?