There’s no better feeling than kicking back at the end of a long day than by playing games. Whether it’s the latest AAA title on a console or an app on your phone, games are a great way to have fun. But, cryptocurrency and blockchain are cranking things up a notch.
There’s a new era here and it’s called Play2Earn. Simply put, you can earn crypto when you play games. Let’s run through what Play2Earn games are, which are the best Play2Earn games and how you can earn crypto by playing Play2Earn games!
What are Play2Earn Games?
Play2Earn games are as the name suggests – games that allow you to make money playing games. In the crypto world, this is done in the form of in-game tokens that have a use case outside of the game. Some games, such as Axie Infinity, will give you 2 types of tokens that you can withdraw and then trade on an exchange.
The Play2Earn game style is huge in the blockchain world, and we’re seeing huge ecosystems developing around this new trend. Every time a player makes a move or engages with the ecosystem, they get rewarded. Whether it’s winning battles, breeding new creatures, or commenting on discussion boards, all actions are rewarded.
How Do Play2Earn Games Work?
Generally speaking, Play2Earn games will reward you with an in-game currency. Think about it like getting FIFA coins when you complete games or sell players. With play2earn crypto games, you’ll earn tokens that you can use to buy more pets, characters, equipment and more in the game. Alternatively, you can withdraw it and sell the currency.
In a lot of blockchain games, your role is to breed and create new characters. These characters are actually NFTs, so you’ve technically just created an NFT in the blockchain game, which you can then sell outside the game.
Then you have mining simulators like RollerCoin that let you build a crypto mining empire inside the game, mining real cryptocurrency. Once you hit a certain balance, you can withdraw it to your crypto wallet. These are the 2 most common types of play2earn games where you can play free online games to earn money.
Which is the Best Play2Earn Game to Make the Most Crypto?
With Play2Earn, it’s all about making as much money as you can. So, let’s take a look at the most popular Play2Earn cryptogames where you can earn a whole bunch of crypto!
RollerCoin is the original crypto mining simulator. The aim of the crypto game is to build your own crypto mining empire and become the king of the town. You unlock hashrate by playing fun mini-games, which you can then divert to your favorite cryptocurrencies. In turn, you mine real-world crypto like BTC, ETH, DOGE and BNB, which you can then reinvest back into your farm, giving you even more hashrate and rig upgrades.
The more you upgrade your crypto mining farm, the more your earning potential increases. Once your in-game balance gets large enough, you’re able to withdraw crypto to your own wallet. Then you can do anything you want with it, whether you opt to buy a new TV, a Caribbean vacation or HODL.
Bloktopia promises to be Decentraland on steroids. A decentralized metaverse, Bloktopia is hoping to educate players about the world of crypto through fun games, videos, and workshops, all taking place inside the game. Players will be able to make money by renting out real estate in the game, from advertising revenue and by educating users.
Bloktopia is still under development, so a lot of the details are still relatively thin. That being said, the information that’s currently available pins Bloktopia as a blockchain gaming platform to watch out for in 2022.
Mobox is a fully functioning platform, packed full of games and features that allow you to earn. First up are the games on Mobox. You can play a range of games that allow you to earn chests, characters, weapons, and loot. You can opt to smelt these items down and use the parts to upgrade other items, or, you can sell them on the marketplace.
You’ll also earn MBOX tokens. You can opt to stake these through the Mobox yield farming interface. APY can get as high as 200%, which isn’t a bad way to store your coins when you’re not playing games.
TryHards is another Play2Earn game that’s still in development, but it looks like a great promise. The aim of the game is to battle other players for fame and glory. Playing games will allow you to earn powerups and new characters, which you can then upgrade or sell on the marketplace.
You’ll also be able to stake in-game as well as yield farm, which is pretty neat. The full game is due to go live early 2022.
If you’ve ever wanted to have your own racehorse, your dream is now coming true. In Zed Run, you’re able to collect, breed and race your horses for fame and glory. Winning races provides you with in-game currency, which you can then use to buy new horses or breed with other horses.
If you’ve got a particularly rare horse, you can rent it out and collect a stud fee. This allows other players to breed their horses with yours to create new horses. Of course, you get a cut of the fees. It really is a fun game to play, and you can make a good deal of money if you dedicate enough time.
Will You Be Playing Play2Earn Games?
There you have it. There are only a couple of Play2Earn games that are live right now, but the space is growing and will explode in 2022. The sooner you get into the Play2Earn space, the better chance you stand against the competition.
Starting your own mining empire in Rollercoin or breeding and racing horses in Zed Run sounds like an incredibly fun way to unwind after a long day. Players of Play2Earn game are reported to be making thousands of dollars every month, so join the hype while it’s taking off to become an official Play2Earn OG!
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?