Decentralized Finance (DeFi) is coming to Tron, a smart contracting platform similar to Ethereum but scalable and secure. Justin sun, the co-founder of Tron, took to Twitter to announce the new lending app called DJED.
DJED may bear some similarities with MakerDAO, critics allege, but like all open source projects, growth is inevitable.
— Justin Sun (@justinsuntron) March 28, 2020
DeFi is concentrated on Ethereum
DeFi is a multi-billion industry. At the time of going to press, $622 million were locked in different DeFi applications, most of which are concentrated in Ethereum.
Different reports reveal that DeFi applications are the main attraction in Ethereum.
Supplementing findings by DappRadar also show that newbies drawn to Ethereum in 2019 were attracted with DeFi.
Dominance of MakerDAO
Still, MakerDAO is dominant, and most lending activities is concentrated on the platform despite technical hitches that resulted in an $8 million loss. Although MakerDAO minted extra tokens and auctioned them to compensate victims of the exploit, the underlying problem wasn’t fixed.
Ethereum remains slow and grapples with scalability problems.
When ETH sunk by 47% on Mar 12, the network screeched to a halt, and the smart contract controlling collateral auction couldn’t function as designed, a costly lapse that exposed Ethereum’s and MakerDAO’s underbelly.
Tron and DJED
DJED is based on Tron.
Tron is scalable, with a high throughput.
Although there are concerns about Super Representatives, critics say it introduces centralization, it is a choice availed by dPoS systems, there is nonetheless speed and the Tron network is under-utilized judging by the current TPS.
DJED, which in ancient Egypt means stability, will operate just as MakerDAO. With a Collateralized Debt Positions (CDP), borrowers will need to hand over TRX, not BTT, as collateral to access loans. A stable coin, USDJ, will be issued out to borrowers. A stability fee determined through an executive vote by the DJED risk team will also be paid.
“DJED is a new DeFi project developed by the TRON community. They’ve learned a lot from all open source DeFi projects & TRON is open to collaborating w/ all of them.”
#DJED is a new Defi project developed by TRON community. They’ve learned a lot from all open source Defi projects & TRON is open to collaborating w/ all of them. I want to give @MakerDAO a shoutout because it is the best amongst all! #USDJ #JED
— Justin Sun (@justinsuntron) March 31, 2020
JED will be the governance token based on Tron.
Holders will take part in voting and determine the rate of the stability fee and other changes that may be made on the protocol.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?