Bitcoin (BTC) has time-and-again proved that it is the ultimate saviour of the world against the inefficient fiat systems and government agencies. Over the last week, the Turkish Lira plunged another 14% against the U.S. Dollar which resulted in Turks searching for Bitcoin (BTC) in order to protect their wealth.
Over the last weekend, Google searches for Bitcoin (BTC) in Turkey shot up to the roof almost doubling as we can see a sharp spike in the chart below.
Turkish Lira fell 14% against the US Dollar today.
Google searches of "Bitcoin" doubled today. pic.twitter.com/yS4CHn4iHr
— Documenting Bitcoin 📄 (@DocumentingBTC) March 22, 2021
With the way that Bitcoin (BTC) has performed over the last few months, the trust in the world’s largest cryptocurrency is also building up strongly. At press time, Bitcoin is trading at a price of $57,783 with a market cap of $1.078 trillion. With this, Bitcoin (BTC) has cemented its position strongly thereby being the world’s third-largest currency in terms of the total value in circulation, notes Deutsche Bank in its latest published report.
Deutsche Bank: Bitcoin (BTC) Too Important to Ignore
Deutsche Bank acknowledged that even government institutions and central bank institutions have started acknowledging the role of cryptocurrencies and accepted the fact that they are here to stay. In the report, Deutsche Bank research analyst Marion Laboure, Ph.D. writes:
“Bitcoin’s market cap of $1 trillion makes it too important to ignore. As long as asset managers and companies continue to enter the market, bitcoin prices could continue to rise”.
However, the report goes on acknowledging the fact that “bitcoin transactions and tradability are still limited”. While discussing Bitcoin’s status as either a commodity, currency, or equity, the report states that BTC occupies the top-ten spot both as a stock as well as a currency.
Bitcoin’s jump to being the world’s third-largest currency in circulation is because of the vast increase in the BTC price currently. The report adds: “In early 2019, bitcoin represented ‘only’ 3% of the US dollars in circulation, but in February 2021 it surged beyond 40% of the US dollars in circulation.”
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?