Smart contracting blockchain Velas Network has taken a major step forward with a brace of new releases. In addition to deploying two new wallets, for web and desktop, the dPoS blockchain has commenced node staking for VLX token holders. The developments leave the Swiss-headquartered startup primely positioned ahead of its alpha launch. The next phase will see projects onboarded to launch dApps, AI products and other applications on the high throughput Velas Network.
Multicurrency Wallet With a Wealth of Features
Velas’ new wallets, for desktop and mobile, share a slew of features, including the same RSA-256-CBC encryption standard and mnemonic and seed phrase recovery. While both wallets are highly secure, the desktop build – available for Windows, MacOS and Linux – has been fortified against web-borne attacks such as phishing and IP spoofing. The web wallet, meanwhile, benefits from a number of additional features that enhance its usability. Chief among these is the ability to transact in multiple cryptocurrencies and to purchase VLX tokens. The token is meant to serve as a medium of exchange, as fuel for deploying smart contracts on the network, and as a discounted means of paying transaction fees within the wallet itself.
Despite benefiting from an experienced head in Alex Alexandrox, who founded CoinPayments.net in 2013, Velas Network will have its work cut out if it is to gain market share. As Ethereum’s well-documented scaling problems have ramped up, an array of sidechains, layer twos and brand new smart contracting protocols has sprung up. The winners will likely be the solutions that can combine technical excellence with strong network effects. Without forging a strong community of users, developers and partners willing to build upon them, even the most sophisticated of smart contracting protocols can’t be expected to thrive.
Artificial Intelligence Meets Artificial Intuition
AI is an integral part of Velas Network, powering the neural network that trains its consensus algorithm, and serving as the basis for the sort of projects the smart contracting platform hopes to attract. In addition to AI, Velas utilizes artificial intuition, which describes the ability of machines to emulate human consciousness. This intuition comes into play when each node on the Velas blockchain is assigned its own dataset for training purposes. Because each layer learns from the last, block cycles become more efficient and more resistant to attempts to game the system.
Blockchain and AI are two emerging technologies whose fate is frequently now lumped together. While critics of each school are prone to bemoaning the triumph of style over substance, beneath the buzzwords, there are working solutions being deployed that solve real-world problems. For all the hyperbole, there are clear cases where AI and blockchain have a shared purpose. In particular, the growth of the Internet of Things, comprised of sensors and devices situated at the edge of the cloud, will necessitate the sort of real-time processing with low latency that is best solved by AI. Examples of this include the use of driverless cars, whose systems must make sense of vast reams of data as it is received. Should this vision to become a reality, AI-based blockchain networks will have an opportunity to prove their worth.
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Avalanche (AVAX) Slumps 5% In Minutes On Fears Of Terra Dump
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Reserves Decimated By Terra Crash
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?