U.S Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) vs Ripple lawsuit has been dragging for a long period. This time, Individual Defendants, Ripple’s Brad Garlinghouse (CEO) and Chris Larsen (co-founder) have filed a motion in the court seeking extension until April 8. As per the notice, they need additional time to file their answers to the SEC’s First Amended Complaint.
Ripple files for an extension
Usually, SEC always needed extra time to file an answer or to respond to any question raised. Surprisingly, this is the first time Individual Defendants have requested an extension in this case.
According to attorney James K. Filan, the Individual Defendants and SEC have discussed an April 8th deadline for filing the answers and the commission has also noted that in its motion. However, delays can never prevent the filing of the reply sooner.
Judge Netburn upheld SEC’s request
The case is getting longer yet more intriguing as one time it looked like Ripple had the upper hand but Judge Sarah Netburn’s recent order has given some life to the SEC.
In a text-only order, Judge Netburn granted the agency’s extension request. However, Brad Garlinghouse had argued over the SEC’s request in court but seems like his defense didn’t help.
The order stated that ‘the SEC shall inform the Court of its position on whether any additional discovery is required within a week of the filing of the Individual Defendants answers.’
Attorney Filan marks the filing of the Individual Defendants’ Answer as a triggering event. As soon as the reply is submitted, a two-week countdown will begin for the SEC to file its position on discovery and the Joint Proposed Scheduling Order.
XRP token has reacted with every decision coming out from the proceeding of the case. After these updates coin hasn’t retaliated much. The coin is trading at an average price of $0.83, at the press time. XRP has seen a marginal surge of 1% in the last 24 hours. As per CoinMarketCap, it is still the sixth-largest cryptocurrency with a market capitalization of over $40 billion.
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?