Zanzibar like many other African countries is already considering adopting Bitcoin, as the African crypto market saw more than a 1,200% surge in just a year.
According to reports, the government of Zanzibar — a Tanzanian archipelago off the coast of East Africa, is reportedly weighing its options with regards to how it can regulate and adopt cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC).
Zanzibar Minister of State Makes Announcement
In line with its newly-found interest, the government of Zanzibar is looking to hold meetings with stakeholders from across the board, including relevant ministries and banks to discuss policies related to the crypto space. Zanzibar Minister of State Mudrick Soraga announced while speaking to the Tanzanian news agency The Citizen.
Soraga had earlier met with some local crypto enthusiasts who convinced him that Zanzibar needs to adopt crypto as an official means of the transaction following the total crypto market hitting over $3 trillion. And now according to the official, the government is presently seeking opinions on the matter before delving into it.
According to The Citizen, Zanzibar has a lot of homework and processes to go through before it can adopt cryptocurrency. Therefore, the local government must come up with policies explaining the aims and objectives of adopting digital currencies through the Bank of Tanzania, according to a professor at the State University of Zanzibar, Haji Semboja.
Crypto Adoption Has Been Coming
Not long after El Salvador passed its Bitcoin law in June, the Tanzanian president Samia Suluhu Hassan also urged the country’s central bank to start considering the idea of digital currencies like Bitcoin. And as expected that many other countries will surely follow in the footsteps of El Salvador by either making crypto a legal tender or merely adopting it for transactions like central bank settlements. The East African country’s latest moves come as no surprise, especially as African countries could make a case as the local crypto market surge of over 1,200% within the past year.
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?