Neuberger Berman, a $402 billion asset management firm has filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission to offer crypto futures exposure to one of its funds- Neuberger Berman Commodity Strategy Fund’s (the “Fund”). The said fund would offer exposure to Bitcoin (BTC) and Ether (ETH) futures along with Crypto ETFs to get indirect exposure to funds.
“Effective immediately, Neuberger Berman Commodity Strategy Fund’s (the “Fund”) investment strategy will permit actively managed exposure to cryptocurrency investments and digital assets through (i) cryptocurrency derivatives, such as bitcoin futures and ether futures, and (ii) investments in bitcoin trusts and exchange-traded funds to gain indirect exposure to bitcoin.”
The institutional giants have increased their focus towards the crypto derivatives market especially the Bitcoin Futures market, ever since SEC chief Gary Gensler hinted that a derivative ETF has more chances of approval than those funds that wish to hold physical bitcoin. Four institutional giant has filed for Bitcoin Strategy ETF since then, that offers exposure to the futures market. VanEck became the latest firm to file for the BTC Strategy ETF along with Invesco.
Bitcoin (BTC) Institutional Demand at ATH
The US SEC chief Gary Gensler had made his stance very clear- tough regulatory policies to ensure investor protection. However, that hasn’t deterred or put a dent in growing institutional demand despite the recent crypto taxation fiasco in the US Infrastructure Bill.
The number of companies looking to add Bitcoin to their balance sheet along with the Bitcoin ETF filing has skyrocketed in 2021. The growing demand for the top cryptocurrency has forced regulators to work on tougher regulations as they beleive crypto platforms pose high risks.
Until Gensler remarked on the Crypto derivatives market, Grayscale Bitcoin Trust ($GBTC) was the go-to investment option for institutional investors. The absence of a regulated Bitcoin pegged product has made US-based companies look for indirect exposure in the crypto market.
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- “People Mocking Saylor Will Regret”- Binance CEO
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?