On Monday, July 26, the Bitcoin (BTC) price registered a strong recovery on its way to $40,000. This price rebound happened through a short squeeze with over $600 million in short positions getting liquidated in an hour’s time.
As a result, the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) premium registered a sharp rebound. Moving closer to the zero axes, the GBTC premium recorded a 2-month high of -3.407. As per data from Tiger Trade, GBTC premium jumped over 24% on July 26 during the Eastern U.S. trading hours.
On the other hand, on-chain data provider Santiment reported that the ‘millionaire tier’ Bitcoin whale addresses continue accumulation. It notes:
“Bitcoin whales holding between 100 and 10,000 $BTC continue accumulating since the May plummet that shook out many weak hands. These addresses have now accumulated 130,000 more $BTC in the past 5 weeks, and 40,000 more in just the past 10 days”.
While there was some improvement in the on-chain metrics of Bitcoin, the world’s largest crypto has yet again failed to continue the momentum.
Bitcoin Take A U-Turn, Enters 5% Correction
On Monday, Bitcoin and the overall crypto market surged on rumors that Amazon will soon facilitate crypto payments by the end of this year. However, later that day, the company confirmed that it has no such plans. Well, this was enough to fizzle out all the excitement within the crypto community.
At press time, Bitcoin is down 4.18% trading at a price of $37,147 with a market cap of $695 billion. The exchanges have started flooding with Bitcoin supplies creating sell-side pressure. Citing data from CryptoQuant, Chinese journalist Colin wu reports:
“Four hours ago, the FTX exchange had a net inflow of 10.32125k Bitcoin, which was the largest single-hour net inflow in the past year. At the same time, Bitcoin reserves in FTX soared to 35.32991k BTC”.
The recent volatility in the bitcoin price has put investors in major confusion. It will be interesting to see how BTC performs from here onwards. It is crucial for BTC to break past the $40,000 resistance to confirm the uptrend.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?