Ethereum is back in red after a consistent rise toward $3,000. The breakout from last week’s key support at $1,750 failed to overcome seller congestion at $2,900. Note that the ongoing retreat is not unique to Ether but appears to be pulling the whole market down.
Bitcoin has been rejected at $40,000 and currently seeks support toward $36,000. The cross-border money transfer token has also lost the battle above $1 and moves toward $0.9.
Ethereum technicals could flip massively bearish
The gigantic altcoin trades at $2,660 at the time of writing. The correction from the failed attempt to clock $3,000 looks unstoppable at $2,600. However, the 50 Simple Moving Average (SMA) is in line to halt the potential losses eying $2,400 and $2,000, respectively.
It is worth keeping in mind the short-term technical outlook, which continues to weaken. For example, the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) has stalled at 90 and could soon assume a downward trajectory. Losses are likely to intensify if the MACD line (blue) flips below the signal line. The trend momentum indicator diving will accentuate the bearish outlook toward the mean line (0.00).
ETH/USD four-hour chart
The Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the four-hour chart has a vivid bearish impulse coming after an abandoned movement to the overbought region. As the RSI retraces to the midline, the bears’ grip tightens, making it difficult for bulls to fight for recovery. Hence, the least resistance path remains downward.
Looking at the other side of the fence
Support at $2,600 and the 50 SMA has the potential to hold Ether from stretching to lower levels. In other words, buyers can start focusing on recovery if these levels hold as strong anchors. On the upside, trading above $2,900 and $3,000 could be instrumental in pulling Ethereum toward $4,000.
Ethereum intraday levels
Spot rate: $2,660
Support: The 50 SMA and $2,400
Resistance: $2,900and $3,000
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%