In a boost for Bitcoin holders and traders in general, it seems like whales are after all not fazed by volatility and heavy price movements for the last few years. CoinMetrics reported that a mega holder moved moved 65,000 BTC after five years.
Most importantly, this was moved within the chain and not to exchanges where there could be liquidated but to another Bitcoin address revealing that these coins are not only active but have not been lost joining the estimated 4 million BTC that can’t be accessed.
A large #Bitcoin whale just graduated to a 5yr HODLer. Last week 68k BTC moved out of the 5yr active supply band, indicating that the last time they moved on-chain was in April 2015. pic.twitter.com/Jorx5TnlVn
— CoinMetrics.io (@coinmetrics) April 27, 2020
It’s a mark of confidence and another main highlighter that the despite the nitty-gritties of being responsible of one private keys, it is possible to be one ‘s own bank, taking control of events.
Craig Wright Is Not The Major Whale
Bitcoin strives on the auspice of decentralization and total control of events. It is based on a perfectly secure and decentralized blockchain which isn’t controlled by anyone party.
Since its launch 12 years ago, the network has continued to flourish, evolving from a primitive network without a marketplace to a complex juggernaut shaped by regulation and a vibrant community.
Although the anonymous Satoshi left the ship in autopilot, it is estimated that he owns 1 million coins.
These coins, many speculate, are lost, and this advice the fear in the community when Craig Wright, the leader of the Bitcoin SV–a hard fork of the Bitcoin Cash network, said he was the true Satoshi Nakamoto and had documents to verify that he was the owner of the 1 million BTC that remains untouched.
Dr. Craig Wright ? 15 Jan 2020
— $DiegoSV ?? (@_Bitcoin_SV) January 15, 2020
Being a critic of Bitcoin, should he had proved and moved the coins, the only path of least resistance was to crash the market by liquidating all his stash.
He argues that Bitcoin has chosen a different path and is not electronic money as designed.
BTC Movement is Timely and Before Halving
Therefore, while the 68,000 BTC can’t measure up to the 1 million belonging to Satoshi, it’s a mark of confidence that these coins are held within the network and marked active approximately two weeks to a halving.
There is really only about 4-5 million #bitcoin on the table right now…
3-4 million lost due to technical blunder and theft…
1 million in Dave Kleiman's hard drive Craig Wright wants to hack
10 million locked up long term.
3 million need mined.
own a little… pic.twitter.com/ih7Npqparr
— ₿ TruthRaider ?☠️ (@TruthRaiderHQ) February 6, 2020
Then, miner rewards will be slashed by half in a scheduled event that will mostly likely shake out weak miners creating room for more efficiency and possible industrialization of the Bitcoin mining scene.
Binance has already announced that it will enter the cryptocurrency mining scene with the launch of Binance Pool.
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Avalanche (AVAX) Slumps 5% In Minutes On Fears Of Terra Dump
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Reserves Decimated By Terra Crash
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?