After Tron and NEAR Protocol announced decentralized algorithmic stablecoin plans, IOST has now joined other crypto platforms to dive into the algorithmic stablecoin space.
The success of Terra’s UST stablecoin has led to new entrants exploring this important asset class in the crypto market. IOST through its stablecoin wants to further improve the benefits of decentralized algorithmic stablecoin by introducing stability and long-term added value.
IOST Plans To Launch Decentralized Algorithmic Stablecoin
Stablecoins play a vital role in the crypto ecosystem and the IOST doesn’t want to be left out to explore the opportunity, said the company in an official post on May 5.
IOST plans to solve three main problems with its algorithmic stablecoin. It aims to ensure the authenticity of oracle price feeds, control scarcity to ensure price stability and deflationary costs, and reduce short-term price volatility through a price arbitrage model.
IOST believes its strong community, technical support team, and multi-chain ecosystem provides a better foundation for decentralized stablecoin. Moreover, a stablecoin could further advance real-world use cases and strengthen the IOST ecosystem.
The IOST Foundation will support the decentralized stablecoin by ensuring funding and resources for it. This would help increase the adoption of IOST’s algorithmic stablecoin, making it a higher annualized interest rate and lower-risk stablecoin against its competitors.
The decentralized blockchain network already supports many stablecoins on the IOST blockchain, such as cross-chain stablecoin iUSD, Xigua Finance functional stablecoin XUSD, and Japanese Yen stablecoin JPYA.
Tron and NEAR Protocol Stablecoin
The success of Terra’s UST stablecoin brought two L1 blockchain entrants into the field, Tron and NEAR Protocol. In fact, NEAR Protocol’s USN stablecoin launch in April and Tron’s USDD stablecoin launch on May 5 have gained attention from the crypto industry. Also, the increased trading volume for both algorithmic stablecoins pushed prices more than 20% higher.
IOST will look to explore the opportunity of algorithmic stablecoin space to further improve its user base and adoption.
- Breaking: Terra 2.0 Plan Officially Approved, Testnet Goes Live
- Do Kwon’s Terra 2.0 Plan Rejected By S.Korean Crypto Exchanges
- Just-In: Avalanche Asks ApeCoin To Ditch Ethereum For Otherside Launch
- Tron (TRX) Overtakes Shiba Inu In Value On This Key Reason
- Voting On New Terra Chain To End Soon, Where Does The Tally Stand?
- Ethereum Gas Fee Drops To the Lowest Since July 2021, ETH In Accumulation Phase
- Popular Crypto Wallet MetaMask to Integrate Coinbase Pay As Part of Web 3 Push
- Why Billionaire Ray Dalio Is Still Betting Big On Bitcoin (BTC)?
- CZ Fuels Rumors Of Binance’s Trading Service Launch In Dubai
- Just-In: European Central Bank Says Crypto Unsuitable As Store Of Value
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?