Baidu, Chinese Internet Titan and China’s answer to America’s Google, just can’t keep its hand of the blockchain. In the recent of the announcements by the company, it is in process of launching a rewards program on their upcoming blockchain platform called “Totem.”
Baidu’s blockchain expands the scope
Totem was launched by Baidu in April 2018 with an aim of dealing with intellectual property rights of pictures and images through blockchain technology. The system was to confront the issue of the illegal misuse of images found online and to prevent IP violations.
The website explains the purpose and method in which Totem will secure the copyrights of images online, translating in English to:
“The copyright information of the work is permanently written into the blockchain. Based on the credibility and incomprehensibility of the blockchain, combined with Baidu’s leading artificial intelligence technology, the dissemination of the work can be traceable, reprinted, monitored, and change the copyright of traditional pictures. Totem conducts network infringement monitoring of original works, quickly produces visual data reports, and entrusts lawyers to initiate rights protection online.”
The concept of Totem was quite similar to the blockchain platform developed by Kodak, called KODAKOne. Totem’s platform would now also act as a rewards program for a user that utilize certain functions such as uploads and image transactions. Also, authors of copyrighted work, including photographers and graphic designers, can now upload their works to Totem after being verified and have their works intellectual property immediately protected.
Also, read: Amazon and Cryptos: Will they Come Together?
Chinese companies upbeat on Blockchain China’s crackdown on crypto.
Totem is not Baidu’s first instance of having a venture or product on the blockchain. The company, in its previous attempts, had released a “CryptoKitties” styled game that featured puppies instead of kittens which was used blockchain. They had also introduced an operating system called super-chain, which is based on the blockchain. Baidu Baike, the Chinese equivalent to Wikipedia which also is an offering of Baidu, is now using blockchain technology to record entries’ revision histories in a move aimed to bring transparency and traceability to the online service.
China’s crackdown on crypto hasn’t been able to prohibit its tech giants from flirting with blockchain. China’s big three internet giants, Baidu, Tencent, and Alibaba, are battling for supremacy in almost every front of the country’s tech space.
In April this year, the Xiong’An Global Blockchain Innovation Fund was launched with $1.6 billion (10 billion yuan) to fund into promising Chinese blockchain startups.
With Baidu’s endeavors into the blockchain, it is sure the Chinese industry is continuously progressing with blockchain despite the crypto ban from the Chinese Government.
With all its major companies contemplating blockchain, will the stance of Chinese government change towards cryptos as well? Do let us know your view on the same.
- Microsoft’s Activision Acquisition Bullish for SHIB Community- Shiba Inu Spokesperson
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- JPMorgan: High Gas Fee A Big Problem for Ethereum (ETH) Valuations, Can Lose Market Share
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?