Binance’s Malta subsidiary has claimed that the exchange-run Blockchain Charity Foundation is waiting for the Malta Community Chest Fund to provide patient clearance, including patient’s medical bills and crypto wallet addresses. Binance has stated that the cryptocurrency assets have been “safely and transparently” stored on a cryptocurrency address easily accessible to the public.
Binance argues the delay was caused for security reasons
Additionally, the exchange said that the only reason for holding donation pledges was instead of patient verification, so the funds are not wrongfully transferred into fraudulent accounts.
Binance has assured that the hiked funding will solely be dedicated to cancer patients. The exchange claimed that their efforts to transfer the funds in the past to “suffering individuals that are in dire need of assistance” were unsuccessful, according to court documentation.
“We are happy that the appreciated crypto-asset now can help more people. This dedicated fund will always belong to the citizens of Malta,” the spokesperson told Times of Malta.
Chest Fund accuses Binance of attempting fraud
Regardless of Binance’s promises of security and transparency of the donation, the Chest Fund has claimed otherwise. The Malta Community Chest Fund continues to accuse Binance of attempting to liquidate the donation fund from its charity foundation and transferring it to Binance’s accounts in the US.
“This means the voluntary organization is trying not only to renege on the agreement and escape its obligations, but it is also trying to relocate its assets outside of Malta, to the US, where the Maltese courts have no jurisdiction,” the Chest Fund claims in court documents.
The Malta Community Chest Fund filed a lawsuit by July end, regarding three years of impending donation pledges by Binance-run Blockchain Charity Foundation. The amount had increased from a couple of hundred thousand euros to €7 million upon the stretched halting of transfer.
The office of the commissioner claimed in a letter dated 23rd July that the world’s largest crypto exchange is guilty of “ignoring” yearly reminders to file its accounts for 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?