Bitcoin (BTC) is hitting new highs almost every few hours! In less than 24 hours of crossing $30,000 levels, the BTC price has surged another 13% to hit a new all-time high of $34,000. Several on-chain indicators are suggesting that Bitcoin (BTC) fundamentals continue to get stronger with every passing day.
Bitcoin’s daily trading volumes have crossed a record $75 billion as of writing this article. Moreover, on-chain data provider Santiment notes that the BTC rally has been extremely painful for BTC pairs over the last 10 months. Interestingly, the average trader returns have never been this high since June 2019.
???? For those expecting a #Bitcoin correction to kick off 2021, the $34,000 #AllTimeHigh achieved 10 mins ago is showing how painful it's been being a $BTC bear the past 10 months. Avg. trader returns haven't been this high across the board since June 2019. https://t.co/NADisu58A0 pic.twitter.com/J9ujHfYisP
— Santiment (@santimentfeed) January 3, 2021
Interestingly, crypto analyst Willy Woo also notes that the recent buying activity has been largely supported by buying calls coming from spot exchanges. Moreover, he adds that the USDC inflows have been massive to support the buying. As CoinGape reported, there have been massive stablecoin deposits at the exchanges in the last two days. “We weren’t even close to being overheated at 29k”, Woo adds.
USDC inflows to support that buying, also off the charts.
We weren't even close to being overheated at 29k.
— Willy Woo (@woonomic) January 2, 2021
The Bitcoin (BTC) exchange outflows also continue further at a rapid rate. Meaning the Bitcoin (BTC) supply at the exchanges is also drying up faster than expected. Over the last two days, nearly 50K BTC has left the Coinbase Pro wallets in massive OTC deals with most of them going to cold wallet custody. Just after we reported that 12,000 BTC has been moved out before hitting $30,000 levels, another 35K BTC has been moved out as Bitcoin approaches $35,000 levels.
— unfolded. (@cryptounfolded) January 2, 2021
Additionally, the recent institutional buying has also forced the BTC whales to make fewer deposits at the exchanges and reconsider any kind of profit booking at the moment. The below graph from Galssnode clearly shows that the BTC balance on exchanges has been constantly dropping over the last year.
The Bitcoin liquidity crisis is getting real with every passing day. Also, a recent study from Glassnode states that only 22% of the BTC supply i.e. 4.2M is currently under circulation. The remaining 78% of the Bitcoin supply is illiquid.
Apart from just the price and the BTC supply, the cryptocurrency is hitting new milestones on multiple fronts. On Saturday, January 2, Bitcoin network hash-rate hit its new all-time high of 136 exahash/s.
ATH: December's hash rate (136 exahash / s) was the highest in #Bitcoin's history so far ????
— glassnode (@glassnode) January 1, 2021
Also, the Bitcoin futures open interest has hit an all-time high as per Skew analytics.
— skew (@skewdotcom) January 2, 2021
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?