After hitting its all-time high of $69,000 earlier this week, the world’s largest cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC) has been moving sideways. As of press time, Bitcoin is trading 1.75% down at a price of $63,823 with a market cap of 1.203 trillion.
Some on-chain metrics show that long-term BTC holders have started with profit-booking and distributing their coins for the first time in six months. Sharing the graph of Long-Term holder distribution, popular crypto analyst Will Clemente explains:
Long-term holders buy BTC into weakness and sell into strength. We’ve just gotten our first red prints on LTH net position change in over 6 months, showing bull market distribution has begun.
On the other hand, the Bitcoin funding rate for long futures position has also calmed down across the board. This could be a sign of the slowdown in the bullish momentum going ahead. Another popular journalist Colin Wu explains that short-term holders resolved to profit-booking on Friday pushing the BTC price to a low of $62,300.
BTC fell to $62,300 last night. According to the glassnode, short-term holders, which were profitable, were sold at around $63,800, further exacerbating the price drop. pic.twitter.com/m2rXpy52KD
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) November 13, 2021
U.S. SEC Rejects VanEcks Spot Bitcoin ETF
On Friday, November 12, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced that it has rejected the spot Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) run by VanEck. This ETF seeks to track the spot movement of the BTC price.
The rejection stands on the grounds of possible manipulation in the Bitcoin market. The application for the VanEck spot Bitcoin ETF was first filed back in March by the Cboe BZX Exchange. The U.S. SEC also said that VanEck hasn’t done enough to bring confidence that it could prevent fraudulent trading to protect investors.
The Bitcoin price is still trading 5% up since the beginning of November and is trading up nearly 10% on the monthly charts. While the charts show that long-term holders have been taking profits at this price, PlanB, author of the stock-to-flow model is confident that the BTC price can touch $98K by the end of November.
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?