Global markets reacted today to the news of the COVID-19 vaccine candidate from pharmaceutical giant Pfizer, which is found to be more than 90% effective. While the Dow Jones (INDEXDJX: .DJI) jumped 1200 points hitting a new 2020-high, Bitcoin and the overall crypto market slipped in immediate response.
However, taking a momentary dip below $15,000 levels, Bitcoin (BTC) has recovered fast and is back above $15,200 levels. At press time, Bitcoin is trading at $15,232 with a market cap of $282 billion. As the Dow Jones, is 4.54% up, the overall crypto market remains 2.23% down.
It is interesting to note that all the assets – Gold, Bitcoin/crypto, tech stocks – that gained heavily during the pandemic period registered a major dip today. On the other hand, oil and non-tech stocks make a quick surge.
Gold just smashing through a monthly range in hours
Oil and non tech stocks reacting strongly
Tech stocks dumped but recovering
Bitcoin remains within its range
Decided I'm not trading until the dust settles pic.twitter.com/jV2qhHKBVf
— //Bitcoin ????ack ???? (@BTC_JackSparrow) November 9, 2020
However, despite the sharp bearish swing, Bitcoin still remains range-bound. Last week, Bitcoin (BTC) made major moves and has been consolidating at $15,500 over the weekend. HNIs and institutions have been buying Bitcoin (BTC) in large numbers as the average transaction value has also soared significantly.
Did Bitcoin Whales Just Pull A Trick With Retail Investors?
The sharp Bitcoin price fall and the quick recovery have got the skeptics thinking once again. Some market observers think that there were spoofy sell orders at exchanges only to buy back at lower levels.
Bitcoin is NOT naturally going down. It is being pushed down via whales placing spoofy sell orders on exchanges to make noobs and risk managers sell to "buy back lower". They are stealing your bags and will make you buy back at a higher price.
— SalsaTekila (@SalsaTekila) November 9, 2020
Popular crypto analyst PlanB also stated that big players will suck up all the BTC supply from weak hands. In his latest tweet, PlanB wrote:
“Now watch how those bitcoins that some dumb weak hand sellers sold in big chucks last 4 hours will be sucked up by strong hand buyers with hundreds of smart small 0.01 BTC algo buys. Those BTC will disappear in deep cold storage”.
#BTC sell side liquidity crisis has been started?
In history, Nov 2020 is one of the most important months when BTC is transferred in massive number from exchanges to private wallets
No sellers? More buyers? Bitcoin Market is bullish with less liquidity? pic.twitter.com/BrQFEcD6l0
— Clicar Folks (@ClicarNetwork) November 9, 2020
Many market analysts have been suggesting that the Bitcoin bull run has just started. A majority of them have also said that BTC will cross its all-time high of $20,000 in the next few months.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?