Bitcoin bulls seem to be readying for a comeback after last week’s dip. At spot rates, BTC has an upper hand against the greenback, adding 3% in the past trading day, subsequently pushing their monthly gains to 19%.
Notably, from the daily chart, there is a conspicuous bull candlestick bouncing from the 20-day Moving Average, or the middle Bollinger Band, an important support level, pointing to accumulation and possibly bull trend continuation.
Traders are Cautious
Whether this is bullish or not isn’t important. This is because the market is cautious, and traders willing to exit in case prices turn for the worst.
The most recurring theme among permabears is the possibility of prices tumbling down to $5,500 or worse in days ahead.
#bitcoin A few days ago i posted this step-off pattern that bitcoin likes to follow in a downtrend sometimes, as seen in the right chart from a recent prior bitcoin selloff. The left chart is the current chart. As you can see, so far identical. Lets see if the second drop follows pic.twitter.com/Oa7CnrAoPV
— CrzyChris5 (@HristoStoytchev) January 22, 2020
Their argument is that at spot rates, BTC price is overvalued and there is a high probability of price action striking equilibrium through a markdown from spot levels to below $7,000.
Bitcoin May remain range bound
Other analysts are of the view that BTC could consolidate in wide ranges in a “max pain scenario” until market participants lack interest. Then bulls will flow back and thrust prices higher.
According to Josh Rager:
“After the breakdown at $9200, many are pointing to $5ks again for BTC. IMO, looks like potential accumulation in this range between $7k and $9k. Max pain is sideways – just enough to disinterest and to keep retail investors from buying heavy in fear of lower prices.”
“Most aren’t willing to sell Bitcoin out of fear if price drops below $6k. But many would likely take the opportunity to buy more Bitcoin. In the previous range, every time Bitcoin dropped in the $6ks, it was bought up within a couple days to push price back over $7k.”
Most aren't willing to sell Bitcoin out of fear if price drops below $6k
But many would likely take the opportunity to buy more Bitcoin
In the previous range, everytime Bitcoin dropped in the $6ks, it was bought up within a couple days to push price back over $7k
— Josh Rager ? (@Josh_Rager) January 26, 2020
Prices Reverse from the 20-day Moving Average
As it is, BTC is in a firm uptrend and market participants are net bullish judging from price action of the last few days.
The failure of bears to comprehensively close below the middle Bollinger Band as trading volumes dropped is hinting of an exhaustion.
Besides, last week’s price action was held within Jan 14 trade range. From an effort versus results perspective, this is a net positive for bulls.
Moreover, today’s bull candlestick is also reversing from the 38.2% Fibonacci retracement level–an important reaction point, accompanied by decent trading volumes pointing to participation.
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- JPMorgan: High Gas Fee A Big Problem for Ethereum (ETH) Valuations, Can Lose Market Share
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?