Over 800 individuals have come together to create a community against Bitcoin.com and its CEO Roger Ver. A legal action has been pursued by the “Bitcoin.com lawsuit/victims” Telegram group for misleading the users into buying BCH instead of BTC.
Roger Ver in trouble over tricking people into buying BCH
Bitcoin is the most popular and valued virtual currency in the crypto space. And anyone that wants to know about it, is likely to go the Bitcoin.com route. It’s only instinctual that bitcoin enthusiasts would try this domain. But when one Google “buy bitcoin”, the first result you get is buy.bitcoin.com.
Now, the CEO of Bitcoin.com Roger Ver who is an early Bitcoin investor might soon face a lawsuit for his controversial promotion of Bitcoin Cash. It is gaining a lot of steam in a Telegram group chart named Bitcoin.com lawsuit/victims created by a user, Money Trigz. The group has already crossed 800 members that want to press charges on the website for spreading wrong information that Bitcoin cash is the real Bitcoin.
Apparently, the group has attracted some big names from the crypto community as well though no one is in charge of this initiative.
Roger Ver, who has been a Bitcoin influencer, started propagating Bitcoin Cash after the fork of Bitcoin. His website bitcoin.com shows users Bitcoin Cash at the top and represents Bitcoin as Bitcoin Core. Not only the logos are similar but this is the only website that refers to Bitcoin as Bitcoin Core. The misinformation led users to end up buying Bitcoin Cash when they wanted to buy Bitcoin.
The Bitcoin community has been angered by this and wants to boycott the website. Meanwhile, Erik Voorhees, the CEO of Shapeshift and longtime associate of Roger Ver distanced himself from Ver regarding representing Bitcoin Cash as the real Bitcoin as tweeted by him:
“Roger – please stop referencing me to back up your opinion that Bitcoin Cash is Bitcoin. It isn’t. Bitcoin is the chain originating from the genesis block with the highest accumulated proof of work. The Bitcoin Cash fork failed to gain majority, thus it is not Bitcoin.”
Bitcoin users/enthusiasts seeking legal route
The community is taking it seriously as many bitcoin enthusiasts are even a ready to donate to the lawsuit. Regarding this lawsuit, Money Trigz stated:
“Everybody is frustrated and outraged plus you have victims now losing money because of it. [Bitcoin.com] crossed the line, and we’re pushing back legally.”
The creator of the group emphasized that instead of a discussion group, it is for the victims:
“The legal angles are being discussed with lawyers, not up for discussion here, this is public, [Bitcoin.com] have eyes here.”
He further said that:
“We have things going on behind the scenes and ALLOT of industry people dm us to help with lawyer firms recommendations and in different juri’s. there seems to be some serious merrit with a few of the approaches, can’t say more now. send everybody to us that lost money using bitcoin.com platform or wallet.”
Do you think Roger Ver and Bitcoin.com are committing fraud? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below!
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- JPMorgan: High Gas Fee A Big Problem for Ethereum (ETH) Valuations, Can Lose Market Share
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?