SkyBridge Capital founder Anthony Scaramucci, at the Forbes Digital Assets & Web3 Summit on Wednesday, predicted having a Bitcoin ETF by the end of the year. He believes to introduce a bitcoin exchange-traded fund in-line with the regulations and guidelines of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Moreover, many financial experts believe that as bitcoin becomes more and more mainstream, more Americans may own bitcoin, which would force the SEC to approve bitcoin ETFs considering investor protection.
Scaramucci on Bitcoin ETF and Crypto Future
Anthony Scaramucci, founder and managing partner at investment firm SkyBridge Capital, at the Forbes Digital Assets & Web3 Summit spoke about how political insiders and average individuals are representing the future of blockchain. He also discusses the role of cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, in building the super-PACs and in the Russian-Ukraine conflict.
— Forbes Crypto (@ForbesCrypto) March 16, 2022
Scaramucci also made a comment on U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren, who has kept an anti-crypto stance, that she hates people making millions more from the crypto industry. Warren believes cryptocurrencies expose people to financial risks, promote financial crimes, and has a massive carbon footprint. Recently, Warren even drafted a crypto bill to prevent Russia from using cryptocurrencies to evade U.S. economic sanctions.
Scaramucci thinks both presidential candidates in the 2024 United States presidential election are going to be pro-crypto. With the launch of a super political action committee, named GMI PAC, backed by crypto-focused firms such as SkyBridge Capital and crypto exchange FTX, the crypto industry will be investing big in the upcoming election and for crypto-friendly candidates.
SEC History of Approving Crypto ETFs
In January, the SEC rejected the First Trust SkyBridge Bitcoin ETF in vetoes, raising concerns over the listing of spot bitcoin exchange-traded funds. The ETF seeks to provide easy exposure to Bitcoin, tracking spot or current price of the cryptocurrency.
The crypto market is waiting for SEC decision on crypto fund manager Grayscale‘s petition to covert its Bitcoin Trust into a spot Bitcoin ETF.
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?