Bitcoin network’s hashrate recorded a rapid drop today across major Chinese mining pools including f2pool losing 11.26% antpool lost 16.23%, Binancepool recorded a decline of 14.38%, and Huobipool lost 23.68%. The rapid decline is being attributed to another power outage in Sichuan province. Industry insiders claimed the decline might be temporary and might bounce back soon.
The decline in the mining pool’s hashrate comes days after the Bitcoin network’s mining hash power reached a new ATH. Bitcoin price on the other hand continued to consolidate under $50K. The top cryptocurrency saw a major sell-off a few days ago amid growing inflow on exchanges aided by Elon Musk-led Bitcoin network’s environmental impact FUD.
Bitcoin has been in a consolidation phase for over a month now after reaching a new ATH of $64,837, it recorded a sharp correction soon after falling over 20%. The recent sell-off was attributed to several factors including declining institutional interest.
Will Bitcoin Price Suffer?
A similar power outage in China last month saw the Bitcoin mining hash rate drop by over 25% leading to another major market sell-off. The last hashpower fud was also marred into a lot of controversies as many claimed different reasons for the power outage and the amount of hash power decline.
Bitcoin price is currently trading just under the $49K mark with a 2% decline over the past 24 hours. With every major sell-off in the market, many have called it a short-term price top, but on most occasions, bitcoin has defied the odds to bounce back to new ATHs. On the other hand, Bitcoin adoption has continued to flourish as many public companies have announced Bitcoin purchases over the past month. Apart from Bitcoin, manor altcoins including ethereum, Litecoin have also registered a minor decline falling over 5% in the past 24 hours.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?