Bitcoin is currently inching closer to $20,000 as it broke all-time-high price records on several exchanges including Binance, Kraken, and Gemini. The top cryptocurrency overcame a weekend price correction which saw it lose 14% of its market cap, plunging its price to near $16,500. Bitcoin came on top today as its price soared by more than 8% to record a new yearly high and ATH on many exchanges.
— Tyler Winklevoss (@tyler) November 30, 2020
The bullish momentum was so strong that bitcoin almost neglected a glaring bitcoin futures gap of nearly $2,000 which many believed could possibly force the price to correct up to $17,000 to fill the CME gap generated over the weekend.
The current bullish burst is believed to be driven by the excess buying by new mainstream financial giants such as PayPal and Bitcoin management trust fund Grayscale who are currently buying more bitcoin than it is being generated. It was anticipated that when markets open PayPal and Grayscale would buy more bitcoins which would drive the price further.
"If our inflows at Grayscale are any indication of the types of investors that are interested in this asset class or the sizes of allocations being made, we're just getting started," says @Grayscale's @Sonnenshein on the price of #bitcoin #btc pic.twitter.com/6d0GUBqgaM
— Squawk Box (@SquawkCNBC) November 30, 2020
Institutional FOMO has been the driving force behind bitcoin’s dominant bull rally and it seems more mainstream asset management firms are looking to hodl the scare digital asset before its scarcity goes beyond their reach. Guggenheim, one of the largest global investment firms with over $275 billion worth of assets is planning to invest 10% of its net asset value worth $5.3 billion Macro Opportunities Fund to invest in Grayscale Bitcoin Trust.
$20,000 On The Cards?
Bitcoin did test ATH on several exchanges today, however, it did not hold the position for long and fell below $19,500 immediately. The king coin is currently trying to breach $19,500 resistance and once it does that, it has a good chance of seeing $20,000 by the end of the day. Although bitcoin price ATH differs on different exchanges, many bitcoin proponents have called $20,000 as the ‘real’ all-time-high. While one popular Twitter Crypto Twitter handle Blockfolio tweeted that for adjusted inflation the real ATH would be at $21,245.
When adjusted for inflation, the #Bitcoin all-time high is $21,245.
— Blockfolio (@blockfolio) November 30, 2020
The Bitcoin bulls look quite dominating momentum brushing aside any hurdle small or big in its way, if it manages to break and hold above $20k we could witness a different league of price momentum never seen before.
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?