- Bitcoin briefly slipped under $48,000, but bulls reacted immediately, pulling the price higher.
- The transaction history model reveals that BTC sits on robust support areas, crediting the recovery.
- The MACD has a minor bearish impulse that may keep bulls from accomplishing their goals above $50,000 in the near term.
Bitcoin price eventually slipped under $50,000 following the liftoff to $50,647 on Monday. The flagship cryptocurrency lost steam despite bulls having $56,000 in sight.
The correction initially found refuge slightly above $49,000, but bearish pressure continued to intensify during the Asian session on Wednesday. After testing the area at $47,517, Bitcoin regained ground above $48,000 and is currently exchanging hands at $48,230.
Bitcoin Price Battles To Nurture The Uptrend
The flagship cryptocurrency is trading above all the key moving averages on the daily chart, the 50 SMA, the 100 SMA, and the 200 SMA. This suggests that BTC’s slightest resistance path is on the upside.
Nonetheless, the immediate support at $48,000 must remain intact to allow bulls to execute the return mission above $50,000. Realize that the 50 SMA recently crossed above the 200 SMA, adding props to the uptrend despite the lock-step price action.
Perhaps a break above $50,000 and, for that matter, past the recently traded August high at $50,647 would pave the way for another trajectory to $56,000. Note that whales have kept stocking up on Bitcoin amid speculation that it could extend the bull cycle to $100,000 by the end of 2021.
BTC/USD Daily Chart
In the meantime, Bitcoin is trading above vital support areas, as highlighted by the IOMAP model developed by IntoTheBlock. This on-chain model reveals that the area at $46,012 is a massive buyer congestion zone. Roughly 922,500 addresses bought 490,400 BTC and are currently profiting from the bellwether cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin IOMAP Chart
On the upside, the barriers ahead of Bitcoin are relatively smaller, suggesting that bulls would achieve their goals with a slight push. However, the region at $50,031 is of interest and must be shattered to give way to the expected gains to $56,000. Here, 672,000 addresses previously purchased 375,300 BTC.
Bitcoin Intraday Levels
Spot rate: 48,230
Support: The 200-day SMA and $56,000
Resistance: $50,000 and $52,000
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might B Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Breaking: Elon Musk Bets McDonalds to Accept Dogecoin (DOGE) As Payment
- T-series And Hefty Entertainment join forces with Hungama to delve into Web 3.0 to create NFTs
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?