Bitcoin price trimmed most of its last week gains and broke the $7,200 support against the US Dollar. BTC/USD is currently testing an important support at $6,400, below which, it could slide to $6,000.
- Bitcoin was completely rejected from the $8,200 and $8,400 resistance area.
- BTC/USD broke a crucial bullish trend line with support at $6,800 on the daily chart.
- BTC price is under a lot of pressure below $7,000 and it is testing the last important support before $6,000.
Bitcoin Price Analysis
The past few days were extremely bearish on bitcoin price as it failed to surpass the $8,200 and $8,400 resistance levels. BTC/USD tumbled with back-to-back bearish candles on the daily chart and settled below $7,000.
The daily chart of BTC/USD indicates that the price broke the 50% Fibonacci retracement level of the last significant upward move from the $6,096 low to $8,510 swing high.
It opened the doors for more declines and BTC price traded below the $7,000 support and settled below the 100-day simple moving average. More importantly, there was a break below a crucial bullish trend line with support at $6,800 on the same chart.
At the moment, the price is testing an important support at $6,400, which was a pivot level and a support earlier. Moreover, it coincides with the 88.6% Fibonacci retracement level of the last significant upward move from the $6,096 low to $8,510 swing high.
Therefore, the price may perhaps recover a few points from the $6,400 support. However, recoveries are likely to face many challenges near the $6,800 and $7,000 levels. Only a close above the $7,200 pivot level and the 100-day SMA could push the price back in a positive zone.
Should the price break the $6,400 support and there is a 2-hour close below $6,380, there could be a sharp drop towards the next support at $6,000. Below this, the price will most likely revisit the last low at $5,770.
Overall, bitcoin price entered a strong bearish zone and a failure to hold $6,400 and $6,000 possibly will result in heavy declines in the near term.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?