Bitcoin price popped higher and broke the $6,880 and $7,020 resistances against the US Dollar. BTC/USD is trading in a bullish zone and it could continue to move higher.
- Bitcoin surged higher during the past few sessions and settled above the $6,880 barrier.
- BTC/USD surpassed an important symmetric triangle with resistance near $6,720 on the 2-hours chart (as discussed in the previous analysis).
- BTC price is currently consolidating gains above $7,050 and is preparing for the next move.
Bitcoin price analysis
In the last bitcoin price analysis, we discussed that bulls are likely targeting $6,880 and higher against the US Dollar. BTC/USD did move higher and broke a few major resistances near $6,720, $6,880 and $7,020 to move into a bullish zone.
The 2-hours chart of BTC price suggests that there was a picture perfect break above an important symmetric triangle with resistance near $6,720. The price later retested the broken triangle at $6,700 and resumed its upside move.
The price rallied above the $6,880 barrier and even cleared a strong sell zone near $7,000-7,020. A fresh weekly high was established above the $7,130 level before the price started consolidating gains.
There was a short-term decline towards the 23.6% Fibonacci retracement level of the last upward move from the $6,715 low to $7,135 swing high. However, declines were limited as a connecting bullish trend line on the same chart acted as a support near $7,035.
Looking at the chart, it seems like there is a short-term ascending triangle pattern in place with resistance near $7,130-7,140. A successful break above this could open the doors for more gains towards the $7,220 and $7,250 resistances in the near term.
On the flip side, a downside break below $7,050 and $7,035 will most likely push the price below the $7,000 level. The next major support is near the 50% Fibonacci retracement level of the last upward move from the $6,715 low to $7,135 swing high at $6,925.
Overall, the current price action is super bullish and to extend gains bitcoin buyers need to clear the triangle resistance near $7,140.
Also, read: Bitcoin Strikes Deal with Football, eToro & Quantocoin Fostering Crypto’s Global Exposure
- Just In: Amid Crash, Market Expansion Could Boost This Stablecoin
- This Stablecoin’s Market Cap Skyrockets Amid FUD In Tether, UST
- Will DeFi Giant Lido Support The Terra Reboot?
- Sandbox (SAND) Jumps 16% Ahead Of Listing On This Top Exchange
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000