- Bitcoin price flirts with the 50-day EMA as a breakdown to $7,200 looms.
- BTC/USD price consolidation is set to continue before the breakdown based on the prevailing technical picture.
Bitcoin price is in a lull or rather a deep slumber where almost no action is taking place. However, when you take a closer look at the daily chart using the 50-day Exponential Moving Average (EMA), the price has been bouncing off the 50 EMA repeatedly. In this case, the moving average is the support that is being tested multiple times. In other words, the longer Bitcoin hits and bounces off the 50 EMA, the weaker the support becomes.
A contrary motion was witnessed in April where Bitcoin kept hitting on the 50 EMA but then it was it was resistance. This movement eventually weakened the resistance and Bitcoin pumped strongly upwards. The testing of the 50 EMA support is actually sending out a bearish signal. Once the moving average support is shattered, expect Bitcoin price to plummet to $7,200, however, $8,500 would be tested first.
BTC/USD daily chart
At the time of writing, Bitcoin is trading right at the 50 EMA. The largest crypto is likely to experience consolidation ahead of a drop, but note that at the moment the volume is ultra-low. Moreover, looking at other parameters such as the Relative Strength Index (RSI), we can tell that the drop will not be immediate. BTC/USD sideways trading action which is currently reinforced by the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) as it clings tightly to the midline, is set to hold for some time.
Support is also embraced at $9,200 and is likely to continue holding as it has done in the last 24 hours. Upward price action could continue to delay because most buyers have retreated to the sidelines in order to avoid the choppy markets. Therefore, the resistance at $9,250 and $9,300 could remain in place much longer.
Bitcoin Key Intraday Levels
Spot rate: $9,210
Relative change: 16.80
Percentage change: 0.18%
Trend: Sideways trading bias
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%