Bitcoin [BTC] price is extremely volatile at the moment, with the charts going haywire. In the last 4-hours it has seen a downfall of $1950 from %$5800 to $3850. Nevertheless, heavy buying action followed as the price re-coupes its losses above $5500.
While its easy to attach ‘buying action’ as an explanation, the entire move in the last few hours was not organic, even by Bitcoin’s standards.
BitMEX Prevents Log-ins
According to datamish, in the last 4-hours over $478 million long orders have been liquidated on BitMEX. The long squeeze of orders is identified as the leading cause of bears at the moment, with spot exchanges looking to buy.
In the last four hours, the liquidation on Bitfinex was of 3,356 Bitcoins, around $15 million dollars.The open interest on Binance as well dropped by more than $20 million during the same time pointing at liquidations.
On a daily scale the total liquidations on BitMEX is around $1.44 billion, by far the largest.
Leading derivatives and crypto trader, Jacob Canfield tweeted on the price action,
Market is NOT SAFE to trade right now. Bitmex price just went from 3600 to 4400 to 3600 and prevented all logins. Coinbase just went to $5500.
In the 5-min chart below, notice how the price of Bitcoin has stalled off due to inactivity, while Coinbase sees a rise of over $1500 is less than 15 minutes.
Prominent crypto trader, Salsatekila identifies BitMEX as the black sheep causing all the selling pressure at the moment. Reportedly, it went down for nearly 15 minutes after dropping to $3600. The spot buyers, on the other hand, were ready the buy into the panic. He tweeted,
Bitmex (top left) goes down and buyers come in across the board?
Bitcoin Basis, i.e. the difference between the the spot exchange and futures is still over $800 on BitMEX. While the price of Bitcoin [BTC] on Coinbase is $5600, it is fluctuating between $4700 and $4800 on BitMEX.
Moreover, the XBT (used for trading contracts on BitMEX) index on Kraken exchange is closer to the spot exchange prices with only a $100 BTC basis. The massive scale of BitMEX seems to have been causing all the hysteria in the price.
Last but not the least, while the buys on spot exchange does bring hope for investment, normalcy must return to market before any sound judgement can be made.
Do you think the price is out of the waters or it was a dead cat bounce? Please share your views with us.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?