- Bitcoin bulls nurture the uptrend towards the much-anticipated run-up to $40,000.
- BTC/USD immediate upside is capped by the ascending parallel channel’s upper boundary resistance.
Bitcoin is on the verge of the ultimate breakout to $40,000. The push to rally to this new all-time high comes after the flagship cryptocurrency pierced through the resistance at $35,000 on Wednesday. At the time of writing, BTC is teetering at $37,000 but has tested new all-time price levels close to $37,500.
Bitcoin must bring down the ascending channel resistance
The 4-hour chart clearly shows that BTC/USD has been growing within the confines of an ascending parallel channel. A break above the upper boundary will pave the way for the final leap to $40,000. However, some delay is also anticipated at $38,000 before the pioneer cryptocurrency makes the final approach to the near-term target.
A glance at various technical levels including the Relative Strength Index supports the bullish narrative. The indicator has recently crossed the overbought mark in the 4-hour timeframe. Therefore, room for growth is still plenty.
BTC/USD 4-hour chart
Similarly, on-chain data provided by Santiment, a leading analysis platform, reinforces the bullish narrative. For instance, the whales holding between 1,000 and 10,000 coins have increased consistently in the past couple of weeks.
On December 26, the addresses in this range stood at 2,128. At the time of writing, the addresses have soared to an all-time high of 2,241, representing a 5% growth. Although the percentage increase may be ignored for its minor face value, the volume moved by the whales is significant enough to increase the intensity of the tailwind behind Bitcoin.
It is worth noting that the bullish case will be invalidated if Bitcoin failed to break above the ascending parallel channel’s upper boundary. Moreover, if the selling pressure at $38,000 stays put, bears may gain confidence and push for revenge towards $30,000.
Bitcoin Intraday levels
Spot rate: $38,865
Relative change: -98
Percentage change: -0.2%
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?