Google seems to be the latest mainstream tech giant to be struck by the crypto bug and NFT in particular. Google Cloud today announced it has joined hands with popular NFT brand Dapper Labs that is known for its NFT marketplace NBA Top Shot.
The partnership would see Google help Dapper Labs with their Flow blockchain, where Google Cloud would help with the infrastructure and act as a network operator.
The NFT mania has risen to new highs in 2021 with several digital collectibles fetching millions of dollars for simple JPEGs. Mainstream brands and celebrities all have flocked to the NFT market launching different NFT collaborations and brand promotions. Dapper Labs has emerged as the fourth largest NFT platform by sales volume and accounted for more than a million transactions per week.
Janet Kennedy, vice president of Google Cloud North America said,
“It’s really about helping them with rapid and sustainable growth,” says Kennedy. “Blockchain technology is becoming more and more mainstream. So companies like Dapper need scalable, secure infrastructure to grow their business, and even more importantly, support their networks.”
While Google has maintained a fair distance from being directly involved with cryptocurrency, the latest partnership suggests it could venture into infrastructure building for Web 3.0. Not so long ago, Google didn’t even allow for crypto advertisements only to roll it back in 2021.
NFT Frenzy Declines
The NFT mania hit the world first during the first two quarters when the rest of the crypto market was on a bullish run, but soon after the frenzy seemed to die down a bit, before returning in August and hitting the peak.
While celebrities and brands are still keen on the digital collectible market, the growing scalability issue might have also played a part as minting NFTs has become expensive with the rise in popularity.
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might B Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Breaking: Elon Musk Bets McDonalds to Accept Dogecoin (DOGE) As Payment
- T-series And Hefty Entertainment join forces with Hungama to delve into Web 3.0 to create NFTs
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?