IndianDespite numerous claims from various sources that India might outrightly ban crypto, the Indian Government has just confirmed otherwise. In fact, before now, there has been an air of anxiety in the Crypto industry as everyone had been eagerly waiting on a positive regulation, only to find out, that the wordings of the crypto bill was still the same as that of last year, repeating the plans of the government to ban private crypto. However, according to new reports by NDTV, there will be a new crypto bill which is expected to be approved by the Cabinet by the end of next week.
Indian Government Passes Crypto Note, Issues Regulatory Framework
According to the Cabinet note that was circulated by the government, there will be a few changes to be made to the new crypto bill. They are highlighted below:
1. Legislation will now refer as ‘crypto assets’ and not cryptocurrency.
2. Crypto will not be recognized as a legal tender in India. At least not yet.
3. There’ll be no banning of private cryptocurrency, they will only be regulated.
4. Crypto in India will be regulated by Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
5. The proposed virtual currency of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has not been clubbed with the new bill.
6. An ultimatum will be given for those who have crypto assets, to bring them under regulated crypto exchange platforms.
7. Anyone found violating the stipulated regulations will be penalized with punishments of up to 18 months with an additional penalty of between 5 to 20 crore.
More updates will be added as soon as they are available. But for now, Indian crypto enthusiasts, and private crypto assets holders can heave a sigh of relief.
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?