Trevor Lawrence, the NFL quarterback has become the latest pro-athlete to join the growing cryptocurrency league after he signed a multi-year endorsement deal with crypto investment app Blockfolio. The endorsement deal would be paid in crypto-assets and Lawrence has already made a profit on his signing bonus paid out on Friday as crypto markets bounced back strongly today.
— Blockfolio (@blockfolio) April 26, 2021
Blockfolio CEO Sina Nadar said,
“We believe that Trevor is the future of football and we think that crypto is the future of finance. Trevor represents a lot of the promise and potential of football at the highest level, and we think that crypto represents the same thing at the highest level of finance.”
The endorsement deal is also said to be one of the biggest in terms of crypto signing bonus payout consisting of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Solana. While most of the pro-athletes including Russell Okung have chosen Bitcoin as the sole cryptocurrency investment, Lawrence said he wanted to have a long-term crypto partner to manage his crypto portfolio. He said,
“I’m excited to be joining the Blockfolio team, When it comes to my crypto portfolio, I wanted a long-term partner in the space that I could trust.”
NFL Star Sean Culkin to Get Entire 2021 Salary in Bitcoin
Okung made headlines earlier this year after he announed that he would accept his payment in Bitcoin when the top cryptocurrency was trading for $27,000 and has already doubled within three months of his payment. Today another NFL star and a Bitcoin proponent Sean Culkin announed that he would be converting his entire 2021 NFL salary into Bitcoin.
I fully believe Bitcoin is the future of finance and I wanted to prove that I have real skin in the game — not just trying to make a quick buck. I will be converting my entire 2021 NFL salary to #Bitcoin.
— Sean Culkin (@culkin22) April 26, 2021
The most interesting aspect of these pro-athletes joining the Bitcoin league is not just for the sake of PR, both Culkin and Okung have shown great understanding of the idea behind Bitcoin and have also revealed that they have no plans of selling their Bitcoin holding for the sake of making quick money.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?