Ambazonia is a self-declared state consisting of the Anglophone portions of Cameroon. These Cameroon separatists have previously launched their own cryptocurrency called the AmbaCoin. And a very recent report from a local African media indicates that they are selling AmbaCoin as the replacement to the CFA Franc (a name of two currencies guaranteed by the French treasury which is being used in parts across West and Central African countries).
AmbaCoin to Dissociate Ambazonian from CFA
Here goes the official statement by Frank Enoanyi Abange who has appeared as a director of the Ambacoin project and resides in the US state of Ohio. He says Ambazonia to be independent; we can’t pursue a French colonial currency. Frank explains that;
“The idea of AmbaCoin was to get away from the CFA – we don’t see the CFA franc as a legitimate currency for Ambazonia,”
Earlier, Coingape has reported the official token sale of Ambacoin crypto was slated for December 24, 2018. The token further set to sale in return of 25 US cents. However, the token appeared to have gone through pre-sale and then 30,000 tokens were issued on the first day of 2019.
Anonymous Group of Southern Cameroons Launches AmbaCoin Cryptocurrency#Cameroon #Cryptocurrency https://t.co/2KXAA21ZOv
— CoinGape (@CoinGapeMedia) December 12, 2018
Funding Humanitarian Aid Through AmbaCoin
The AmbaCoin aims to provide humanitarian relief to those affected by the conflict in the Anglophone regions by raising up to 250 million US dollars. The idea behind developing own currency is to dissociate Ambazonian from the Central African Franc (CFA) and to kick-start the ‘Amazonian’ economy.
AmbaCoin is a decentralised public blockchain and cryptocurrency for the New Nation Ambazonia. The AMBA ICO is a Government Bond Smart Contract backed by the Rich Natural Resources in the territory, and a Buy-Back policy by the Post Independent Ambazonian Treasury that is supported by all political parties of Ambazonia.
Interested enthusiasts in AmbaCoin can simply visit the dashboard on its official website and are free to use crypto or fiat to buy AmbaCoin. Once the user completes a transaction, it will be turned into an Ethereum digital wallet, as the currency is built on Ethereum ERC-20 token. Moreover, the transactions will be completed via ‘Ethereum’s smart contract’.
Besides the Federal Republic of Ambazonia, there are various countries keenly focusing on their own digital currency. Likewise, Venezuela was often on bulletins with the hype of its own ‘Petro’ token, Iran is stepping ahead to create national cryptocurrency backed by Rial and other nations including Tunisia, Senegal, and many others are in a row.
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon Network
- Where Is Terra’s (LUNA) Enormous Bitcoin Reserve?
- Binance CEO CZ Clears Air On Their Investment In Terra LUNA
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- TRX Price Analysis: Fallout of $0.075 Support Hints 18% Drop in TRX
- Ethereum Price Forecast: Is The Dip Over Or There Is More Pain Ahead?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why