Cardano ($ADA) founder Charles Hoskinson is strongly against the idea of deflationary economics which has become quite popular in the crypto world. Hoskinson during a recent AMA session on Youtube expressed his strong displeasure against the idea of token burn, comparing it to stealing food. He said the proposal reflects people’s greed and stupidity and explained,
“We are so glad that you can tell us that we gotta destroy other people’s money so that you can make a little extra money and then sell the ADA and move on to something else.”
The token burn or deflationary tokenomics proposes to remove a certain amount of tokens from the circulating supply making the existing tokens more valuable. Ethereum ($ETH) became the latest to join on the deflationary token bandwagon post London Hardfork, and it has already burnt over $1 billion worth of Ether since Eip-1559 implementation. Apart from $ETH, Binance also burn its BNB supply on a quaterly basis.
Hoskinson is known to be a straight shooter and never minces his words despite the flood of criticism and trolling leading up to the latest smart contract upgrade on Cardano. However, earlier the Cardano founder has urged developers to create a “Proof-of-Burn” app that would allow users to send their $ADA to an address to destroy it. Thus, he believes those who want to burn their token are free to do so, but not any someone else’s cost.
Proof of Burn Challenge https://t.co/VD7E1wVb6P
— Charles Hoskinson (@IOHK_Charles) August 20, 2021
Cardano (ADA) Loses 3rd Spot
The native token $ADA touched a new ATH of $3.10 just a week prior to the Alonzo upgrade and many believed the key update would act as a catalyst for $ADA price. However, the token price has continued to slump post the upgrade as bears continued to dominate September. $ADA is currently trading at $2.12 down by 10.54% over the past 24-hours and needs to hold $2.0 key support to avoid any decline further.
$ADA also lost its third spot on the coin market cap rankings to Tether’s USDT, as its market cap fell below $70 billion. The altcoin looks to hold $2.0 support to make a bounce back as development activity and smart contract deployment surge.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support