China announced restrictions on electricity supply for the Bitcoin miners. This step of blocking the digital currency mining is said to have a motif of saving of thousands of electricity units and reduction in cases of tax evasion in China.
China takes curbing measures on growing cryptocurrency market by limiting the electricity available to the Bitcoin mines based in China. The Chinese authorities have been constantly engaging in the activities to overthrow the cryptocurrency market. Last year, A Forbes news article confirmed that September witnessed Chinese government putting a ban on ICOs in China as part of their efforts to restrict crypto economic in China. Also, many crypto based Casinos and exchanges were subjected to bans in order to restrict the Bitcoin miners and traders.
Why China has to worry?
As a matter of fact, China is a hub for Bitcoin miners and the main reason for it is the subsidized electricity available in China especially in the hydro power region of Sichuan and Yunnan regions. The high electricity demand for the Bitcoin mining made it suitable for the miners to use the low cost power for setting up energy intensive hardware to verify crypto transactions and mine new coins.
As per the Bloomberg report, The People’s Bank of China is actively preparing a master plan to spoil the game for the Bitcoin miners in China who take unfair of advantage of the state’s resources and subsidies to mine coins and evade tax thereby making a twofold loss to the Chinese economy. Chinese officials have been instructed to investigate the high electricity consumption industries however, the officials of the Bank denied about any such proceedings taking place.
Impacts on a global front
The Bitcoin economy booms with demand and its acceptance from a wider Audience. Any curbing action in any form is set to bring concerns over the future of the digital currencies across the globe. Beijing’s sweeping efforts to scrutinise and ban the cryptocurrency is a setback for the current rising trend of the Bitcoin which saw a jump of over 15 times during the last year and is currently tending on $15,086. Senior market analyst for digital currencies at Oanda, London Craig Erlam stated that this decision of the Chinese government might have led to the Bitcoin off its highs and expressed his concern over the future of cryptocurrencies given the amount of power consumed in running the systems.
What lies ahead for Bitcoin miners?
With the Chinese government pushing hard for freeing its land from crypto miners we can expect some more hard measures coming from the Beijing authorities which may worry the crypto mining companies and trades based in China and other parts of the world. Indeed, the electricity requirements for the crypto systems to run are huge and pose a challenge to its sustenance.
Let us know your thoughts on Chinese government policy on Bitcoin miners in the comments below or write to us at [email protected]
The presented content may include personal opinion of the author and is subject to market condition. Do your market research before investing in cryptocurrencies. The author or the publication does not hold any responsibility for you personal financial loss.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?