Coinbase ads can be now seen on Google, Facebook, and Instagram. The industry giants with billions of monthly users have given a legitimacy to the cryptos and a competitive edge to Coinbase over its competitors. Investors are excited about this, believing it to be a good news for the crypto market and drive Bitcoin price higher.
Google & Facebook brings back Coinbase ads
In mid-May, the news of Google and social media giants Facebook and Instagram announced that cryptocurrency and Initial Coin Offering (ICO) ads will be banned from the following month. Just last month, the directive went into effect and in less than 2 months, the ads are now restored.
A few days back, Brian Armstrong, the CEO of Coinbase tweeted,
“Facebook banned ads for crypto earlier this year. Proud to say we’ve now been whitelisted and are back introducing more people to an open financial system.”
Facebook has decided to allow specific cryptocurrency related ads to be shown after it reviewed its policies. The first green signal has been given to the San Francisco-based Coinbase.
Soon after, a Redditor shared a screenshot of Coinbase ad on Instagram.
Though there has been no confirmation on Google allowing the cryptocurrency related ads, Coinbase ads are now live on Google as well.
Coinbase gets access to billions of users
This is a huge move and a big news for Coinbase as it gives a significant edge to the US exchange over its competitors.
If we take a look at the user base of these giants, Facebook has about 2 billion monthly users and Instagram manages close to 1 billion users per month. Google is the top search engine in the world with a margin of 66 percent to that of Bing, which is in the second position.
Such a number represents an incredible opportunity and potential to expand its user base, especially at a time when Coinbase is already working on expanding its business.
Just recently, Coinbase announced that they are looking into adding more coins. Moreover, the constant developments in the form of Coinbase Pro, Coinbase Custody and Coinbase Index Fund will now reach a much wider audience.
The decision of Google and Facebook to allow the cryptocurrency ads even though to a selected few will give the cryptocurrencies a legitimacy. This will further boost investor’s confidence and trust especially of those who are new to this world.
Crypto enthusiasts are happy with the decision made by industry giants and believe it is good for bitcoin and the overall crypto community. They even expect it to give a boost to the bitcoin price and hit the $8k level. At the time of writing, Bitcoin (BTC) is at $7,661 with a rise of 3.52 percent in the last 24-hours while the entire crypto market is registering greens and a good day as well.
- Hackers Siphon Off $80 Million in Cryptocurrency from Qubit DeFi platform
- Just-In: Bitcoin May Soon Be A Legal Tender in Arizona
- OpenSea Fixes Vulnerability, But Users Are Still Losing NFTs To Hackers
- Crypto Mining: Putin Says Russia Has a ‘Competitive Advantage’ – Wants to ‘Tax and Regulate,’ Not Ban It
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?