The chief financial regulatory body of the United Kingdom revealed a majority of the crypto companies operating in the country have failed to comply with the latest set of anti-money laundering regulations issued by the government. The new regulatory policy set by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) would only offer operating licenses to those crypto firms that comply with the latest AML and terror financing guidelines that came into effect from January this year.
“The FCA will only register firms where it is confident that processes are in place to identify and prevent this activity,”
The majority of the crypto firms have failed to adhere to new AML compliance and as a result, a significant portion of these companies have withdrawn their application. The last date for filing with the FCA was set for July 9, however, looking at the growing number of crypto companies withdrawing their filings the regulatory body has extended the registration period to March 22.
Governments Around the Globe Introducing Stricter Regulation
A majority of governments around the globe want to bring crypto companies under new AML guidelines and terror financing compliance, claiming the use of digital assets has increased for illicit activities. There is little evidence to back the claims and most recent evidence indicates less than 1% of crypto assets have been used for carrying out illegal activities.
Apart from the UK, even the Biden administration has indicated possible strict regulations around the cryptocurrency market. The new US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) head Gary Gensler has stressed the same in the majority of his testimonials and public addresses since taking office a few months back.
While regulations shouldn’t be seen as a regressive step, the strict policies of the government often steer away booming companies to locate elsewhere as seen during the post-2017 bull market when many established crypto firms had to move out of New York due to strict licensing rules.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long