Steep losses in the cryptocurrency market caused mass liquidations in the past 24 hours, recent data shows. While total market capitalization sank by 3% to below $1.45 trillion, the effect was magnified across futures trading.
Long positions bore the brunt of liquidations- a common theme this year, as traders repeatedly tried to call the bottom.
Over $785 mln long positions liquidated
According to Coinglass, around $1.10 billion positions have been liquidated from the crypto market in the last 24 hours. The fear is such that over 289K traders have liquidated their funds. The largest single liquidation order of $6.3 million was registered on the Bitmex crypto exchange. It is important to note that almost 72% of the total liquidation in the past 24 hours consisted of long positions.
Long traders who were expecting a price surge from the recent dump have received a massive hit. More than $785 million were lost in the position amid the fresh liquidation. While over $311 million went in shorts. OKX crypto exchange saw the highest amount of positions being wiped- at $313 million. Around 81% of it includes the long positions. This shows that a huge number of traders were hoping for the recovery of the market.
$354 mln Bitcoin positions liquidated in last 24 hours
Bitcoin (BTC) has led the tally of most liquidation. Around $354 million worth of BTC got moved out of the market. Bitcoin is trading at an average price of $31,300, at the press time. Its prices have plunged by around 5% in the past 24 hours. However, Ethereum (ETH) has also shed $326 million in the same period. ETH is trading at an average price of $2,370. The largest meme cryptocurrency, Dogecoin (DOGE) saw a liquidation of over $15 million.
The Crypto market has taken a huge hit in the last 24 hours. The cumulative market capitalization now stands at $1.45 trillion. The total market value has shrunk by 50% since it touched its all time high (ATH). In November 2021, the crypto market breached the $3 trillion mark.
- Top Meme Tokens Slow To Recover From Recent Crash, Here’s Why
- Just In: Amid Crash, Market Expansion Could Boost This Stablecoin
- This Stablecoin’s Market Cap Skyrockets Amid FUD In Tether, UST
- Will DeFi Giant Lido Support The Terra Reboot?
- Sandbox (SAND) Jumps 16% Ahead Of Listing On This Top Exchange
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000