Following China’s crypto ban, crypto investors in Thailand quickly seized the opportunity to buy cheap mining rigs that Chinese miners who have run out of business, have passed up. And this, in turn, has led to a surge in crypto mining activities in Thailand, per Al Jazeera reports.
Crypto Investors In Thailand Take Advantage of China’s Crypto Ban
After the ban, affected Chinese miners had to recoup some of their investments one way or the other. This led them to sell off their mining machines at a bargain price. In line with the situation, many of the mining firms also had to relocate to various other countries that permit mining activities, including Kazakhstan, Russia, the United States, and Southeast Asia.
Crypto Mining On The Rise
While speaking in an interview with the local media, one of Thailand’s crypto miners who identified himself as Pongsakorn Tongtaveenan had much to say. He claims that he’s not alone as many crypto entrepreneurs like himself took quick advantage of China’s crypto ban. He explained that they quickly started buying mining rigs and PC processors from Chinese miners and we’re reselling them to local crypto investors. And according to him, since there is an unending demand for the machines, the prices surged reaching the previous levels.
For Thailand, the fast-growing popularity of crypto mining in Thailand is simply because residents are becoming more optimistic about the future of cryptocurrency in the country.
When Beijing launched an all-out war on crypto miners and everything crypto-related, some of the world’s leading bitcoin miners had to leave the country for more crypto-friendly regions.
In fact, companies like e-commerce giant Alibaba had to ban the sale crypto mining equipments in order to comply with the standing regulations. Additionally, it had to outrightly remove categories for blockchain miners and accessories from its e-commerce marketplace from October 8.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?