Beijing’s no-tolerance policy against cryptocurrency is back in full swing again as two of the most popular crypto media outlets in China ChainNews and Odaily have vanished from the internet. ChainNews had earlier tweeted that its website would be down for 10 hours due to maintenance on Monday, however, it remained inaccessible inside as well as outside mainland China until Wednesday.
Similarly, Odaily is another popular crypto news and education platform that has gone dark in the past couple of days. This is not the first time when crypto-related platforms have become inaccessible due to pressure from Beijing. Earlier, In July Bishijie, or Coin World in English also terminated its services in mainland China.
The first major crypto crackdown in China came in May that resulted in a total shutdown of mining operations in the country as China’s Bitcoin mining share fell from over 60% to near zero. China later announced a well-laid-out plan in September to crack down on everything crypto-related. Many thought it was the strictest policy against crypto to date. Beijing also issued a warning against foreign crypto platforms offering their services to mainland China, resulting in several crypto exchanges including Huobi, OKEx, and Binance severing any form of operation in the country.
China Faces Third Wave of Crypto Crackdown
The severe crackdown in May and September made many believe that China has finally managed to eradicate crypto completely, however, the recent series of actions suggests it’s going to be a continuous process. This is mainly because it’s near impossible to ban crypto due to its decentralized nature, and it was evident when from the surge in Defi activities post-ban on foreign crypto exchanges.
The Chinese authorities recently arrested a senior government official found to be illegally mining Bitcoin and defying Beijing’s orders. This triggered the third and ongoing wave of crackdowns in the country which many believe also resulted in the recent crypto market correction.
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- JPMorgan: High Gas Fee A Big Problem for Ethereum (ETH) Valuations, Can Lose Market Share
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?