It appears that the Luna foundation is taking steps towards rectifying the volatility issues that its digital tokens are facing. A wallet address that market players have traced to be Luna’s, has sold $1.4 billion worth of Bitcoin (BTC). Market observers are speculating that the move is sketchier than it looks.
Where are the funds being sent to?
Luna emptied their Bitcoin reserve, and although it is not certain where the transferred Bitcoins are being moved to, the move has drawn in a lot of criticism from onlookers in the crypto space. Following the $1.4 billion withdrawal, the funds were split into two 12,530 Bitcoins and 30,000 Bitcoin. It also appears that a part of the Bitcoins has been sent to Okex exchange.
Luna’s founder took to twitter to set the records straight, explaining the reason for the transaction.
“Haven’t sold bitcoin yet – the txn just went out. It’s a loan to a market maker – if UST imbalance happens we will use BTC to rebalance, and if demand is surplus we will buy BTC We plan to eventually redeem this entire clip in bitcoin, let’s see.” He tweeted.
Luna continues to shed losses while observers anticipate the next possible move
Meanwhile, LunaUST has responded to the move with continuous decline. At the time of this report, data from Coinmarketcap shows that daily losses have surpassed 6%. The price of TerraUST nosedived on Saturday to an all-time low, and has since lost its $1 peg to the United state’s dollar. Although the this is the first time TerraUST is taking a major hit since January, there’s no telling when it will reclaim $1, and how soon that will be.
One observer shared his sentiments, reckoning that the Luna Foundation is using UST to stir up a crypto market crisis. His sentiments are mirrored by many others, who insisted that Luna might be trying to create a black swan situation.
“UST creating crypto’s crisis, just like the subprime crisis in GFC 2008. Unlike the fed where they can print unlimited money, this will only drag everything lower. It’s best they just let this Ponzi burn to hell.” The observer tweeted.
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Day Death Cross, More Bloodbath Coming?
- Crypto Expert PlanB Reveals New Bitcoin (BTC) Bull Run
- Solana (SOL) NFT Trades Moon Amid Crypto Crash
- LUNA Founder Faces Community Backlash Over LUNA Revival Plan; Here’s Why
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?