Amid the Shiba Inu frenzy, Coinbase has also joined the trend to gain more traction from Social Media’s exclusively popular meme coin. Earlier today, a trader tweeted a screenshot from Apple’s App Store, where Coinbase was listed on No.1, even before TikTok and Instagram.
— Yuri Sagalov (@yuris) October 28, 2021
The exchange platform intelligently used the Shiba Inu (SHIB) ticker in the name of its organization, accompanied by the OG Bitcoin (BTC), and ever-evolving Ethereum (ETH). The crypto community on Twitter has speculated this as another ‘growth hack’ by the exchange, where the platform temporarily showcases internet-famous crypto to use the token’s trending status in advertising its application.
According to CoinGape’s reportage of Shiba Inu’s exceptional growth, it was revealed today that SHIB’s market cap grew to $42 billion and made it the ninth-largest cryptocurrency. Regardless of Musk’s tweet about not owning any SHIB in his crypto portfolio, and trying to push DOGE, the coin still stood strong at an all-time high of $0.000088 this morning, with speculations of touching $0.0001. However, by early afternoon SHIB saw a considerable correction, reaching $0.00006633, with a market cap of $37.9 billion, at the time of reporting.
Coinbase supports XRP but won’t Re-list it?
Coinbase is attempting to appear more inclusive and community-friendly, with its latest NFT trading platform upgrades and statements by the CEO about the ongoing XRP lawsuit. Coinbase CEO, Brian Armstrong recently claimed that Ripple is doing better in the lawsuit than expected.
“The Ripple case seems to be going better than expected. Meanwhile, the SEC is realizing that attacking crypto is politically unpopular (because it harms consumers).”, he said.
However, despite a consistent appeal from the XRP community to re-list the token on its exchange platform, Coinbase has not taken any action on these requests. This may speculate at the organization’s ill-intent towards tokens, questioning if the platform only takes advantage of the popular and regulator-free tokens, but abandon the ones that may be under regulatory oversight. While Coinbase aims to maintain support from the XRP community by comments from its CEO, the platform still fails to show any real support.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?