Dogecoin ($DOGE) is gaining NFT superiority with one after another multi-million-dollar NFT sales. The Sad DOGE NFT was resold for $2 million after being auctioned for 15.6 ETH ($33,500) this June. The 2 million USD price bracket has put Sad Doge as the most expensive NFT in the past 24 hours. The latest buyer used USDC to purchase the DOGE NFT because the former owner ignored an earlier 30 ETH, i.e., over 94,000 in USD bid from the same bidder.
$2 Million for Sad Doge NFT
While the first sale of sad doge, which was made on the Zora NFT marketplace, did not touch the high price tag, it has finally gained the status of the millions. Kabosu, the Shiba Inu’s Sad Doge image portrays a rather unfamiliar side of the dog, as owner Atsuko Sato photographed her looking sad.
The hidden gem of the internet’s meme arena has unsurprisingly skyrocketed in popularity, being used by meme creators globally. A user going by the nickname, TwoDollaHotDoge placed the iconic 2 million USD bid on this meme sensation and acquired the Sad DOGE NFT.
$4 Million for Excited Doge NFT
This was not the first time DOGE NFT slipped into the multi-million-dollar space. In June this year, a photo of the excited Kabosu, a Shiba Inu was sold for an extraordinary amount of $4 million, making it the most expensive meme NFT of all time. The winning bid was 1,696.9 ETH, which amounted to approximately $4 million, was also place on the auction site, Zora.
“We’re so happy to be a part of this milestone in internet history. If any meme deserved to be the new meme NFT record holder, it’s Doge,”, according to CNBC, Don Caldwell, editor-in-chief of the internet meme database Know Your Meme, which certified Doge ahead of the auction to ensure that the meme was being sold by its rightful owner.
As NFT’s popularity turns into the latest internet obsession, DOGE’s entry into the multi-million-dollar NFT arena has attracted market attention. While the DOGE community continues supporting DOGE trends, the cryptocurrency’s NFT could potentially become the next big thing on the decentralized blockchain.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5