Ethereum [ETH] has moved towards its yearly highs, as the market sentiments are starting to turn back bullish.
The recent pullback (last ween on Tuesday and Wednesday) saw swift recovery with a 7.6% rise yesterday. The price of Ethereum [ETH] on 14: 3o hours UTC on 31st August 2020 is $232.
The volume-profile ratio indicator suggests that the price has moved towards a lower volume profile. Hence, a break-out above the current range is paramount for a renewed buying interest.
ETH/USD 1-Day chart on Bitstamp (TradingView)The funding rate on BitMEX for Ethereum perpetual has crept back to 0.2% daily. During extremely bullish phases, the funding rate runs high as 0.5-0.6%. Hence, there is still room for leveraged derivates buyers. On-exchange activity is seeing a decline since mid-August. An increase in Ethereum on exchanges is usually indicative of an impending sell-off. Data analytics firm tweeted,
The amount of $ETH held on exchange addresses has been on the decline since mid-August. Investors are holding onto their #Ethereum as a value holder during times where inflation is on the rise.
This shift can also be attributed to the move towards DeFi platforms which offer higher yields on holding Ethereum or stablecoins. Ethereum as a platform for DeFi exchanges and Dapps, gains from the surge in on-boarding these platforms, acting as a gateway.
The DeFi Pump
The DeFi composite index on Binance is projecting a highly bullish stance of the market. According to a recent update, more than 85% of the participants continue to hold long positions on DeFi.
However, the high fees on for sending Ethereum [ETH] transactions remains to be a recurring concern for the market. The average GAS prices on top DeFi platforms is around 120 Gwei. As long as the yields are higher to compensate for the fees, the fees are not a big concern. However, the hysteria inches closer to a subsequent blow-out.
How long do you think that Fees Vs. farm yield discrepancy will continue? Please share your views with us.
- Cardano ($ADA) Reclaims Third Spot With 13% Price Jump, Here’s Why it Can Surge Further
- Evergrande Surges 27% Post Nationalization Rumors, Crypto Market Surge in Tandem
- Amid Strong Comeback Altcoins Add $100 Billion in 24 Hours, Ethereum (ETH) Above $3100
- Ethereum Price Retests Key Resistance Level as Aided by These Two Fundamentals
- Mike Novogratz Predicts Key Bitcoin ($BTC) and Ethereum ($ETH) Levels to Watchout For
- QuadrigaCx Saga to be Featured as a Documentary on this Popular Streaming Service
- Gluwa Wallet and Aella Credit Collaboration Sees Over 1 Million Transactions on the Blockchain
- Canadian Securities Regulators Warn Crypto Firms of Misleading Ads. Here Are the Defined Dos and Don’ts
- Solrise Finance and Civic Technologies Launch First Permissioned DEX on Solana
- eToro Sets Eyes on Defi Market, Launches 11 Defi Assets Based Investment Portfolio