Ethereum (ETH), the second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap dipped below $3,000 in the early hours of Monday. Many attributed the price slump to the US Infrastructure bill discussions and frenzy around it. ETH is currently trading at $2,955 with a 5% price decline in the last 24-hour. The altcoin is trying to regain the key level of $3,000 to continue the bullish momentum in the new week.
The immediate key support level for ETH lies at $2,933 and the next support lies at $2,777.
ETH price rose to a new 3-month high of $3,184 on the back of the successful London Hardfork that implemented key upgrades on the network. Among 5 major upgrades, EIP-1559 was the most talked-about because of the key gas fee solution it brought, it also made Ether a deflationary asset.
Since the upgrade on 5th August, the ETH network has seen a reduced average gas fee on the network as well as a significant portion of Ether being burnt.
Half a Billion ETH Burnt Until Now
Ethereum proponents beleive the deflationary feature would make ETH more scarce and Valuable. Since the London Upgrade, the network has burnt a total of 16,734.3659 ETH worth $501,408,807.
The Ether supply has already become scarce since the launch of ETH 2.0 staking contracts as the majority of traders are moving their holdings on centralized exchange to these contracts. The burning of ETH after the upgrade would make the available supply scarcer.
Ether has managed to recover half of its losses from the May market sell-off that saw a majority of the cryptocurrencies lose more than 50% of their market cap from ATH. As Ether nears the launch and merger of ETH 2.0 the supply would get even lower and many beleive it would fuel the price of the second largest crypto further. Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin called the London Hardfork a major step towards the ETH 2.0 transition.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?