Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETG), the top two cryptocurrencies are currently enjoying a healthy bullish surge in August after three months of bearish consolidation. Both BTC and ETH lost more than 50% of their valuation from their all-time highs (ATH) during the market sell-off in May and June. With the start of the second leg of the bull run, the race to the new ATH has begun, and looking at some of the key factors it seems Ether might outrun BTC to post the new ATH.
The exchange supply of Ethereum continues to deplete and reached a new two-year low yesterday. The price of the altcoin has continued to maintain its postion above $3,000 and registered a new 3-month high of $3,333 this week.
The EIP-1559 upgrade during the London Hardfork has made Ethereum a deflationary token as a part of the miner’s fee is being burnt out of supply. The burning of Ether has made the market supply of Ether scarcer since a majority of ETH being staked in ETH 2.o contracts. A total of $183 million worth of ETH has been burnt till now. The market supply of the second largest crypto continues to decline while demand is nearing an ATH.
ETH Technicals Are Strong
Popular analyst Ki Young Ju said that ETH looks more bullish in the long run as the sell side liquidity crisis will continue to internsify. He suggested the technical aspects of Ethereum give it an upper hand in the second leg of this bull run.
— Ki Young Ju 주기영 (@ki_young_ju) August 18, 2021
Young also pointed towards the net exchange flow on the monthly time frame showed heavy amounts of ETH being moved away from exchanges. The brlow chart shows that the traders started moving their Ether supply with increase in price.
JP Morgan who has gone from a big-time Bitcoin critic to the first private bank offering atleast half a dozen Bitcoin and crypto investment products has said that ETH has a better market liqudity than Bitcoin and it would help it recover better and faster from the price crashes.
Bitcoin is Holding Onto $45K Strong Support
Both Bitcoin and Ethereum registered a minor dip today. Bitcoin fell from a daily high of $47,139 to a daily low of $44,346 and current trading at $45,270 with a loss of 3% over the past 24-hours. The cryptocurrency’s next resistance lies at $47.5K breaking which it can move into the $50K territory.
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Avalanche (AVAX) Slumps 5% In Minutes On Fears Of Terra Dump
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Reserves Decimated By Terra Crash
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?