The world’s second-largest cryptocurrency Ethereum (ETH) has been an outperformer throughout 2021 ending the last year with a solid 250% return. Once again ETH has managed to outperform its top rival BTC by a great margin.
While the crypto market has been consolidating over the last week and so, Ethereum seems to be once again showing strength over Bitcoin. Based on the technical charts, popular crypto analyst Michaël van de Poppe writes:
Ethereum is showing more strength than Bitcoin at this point. A beautiful retest of that region around $3,500, which should be enough for this correction. Clear confirmation = break above $4,100.
Many analysts had given $10K price targets for Ethereum by the end of 2021. However, that didn’t materialize. But this hasn’t stopped analysts from being bullish about Ethereum going into 2022.
Many analysts believe that Ethereum can still achieve this milestone and even higher ahead this year. Continuing with his bullish stand on Ethereum Poppe notes that the goal should be to outperform Ethereum and not Bitcoin, for other competitors.
Shark Tank’s Kevin O’Leary Bets Big on Ethereum
In an interview with Forbes last week, Shark Tank’s Kevin O’Leary said that he views “the entire crypto industry as software development teams”. Thus, he continues to be more bullish on Ethereum than over Bitcoin. O’Leary noted:
Ether is my largest position, bigger than bitcoin. It’s because so many of the financial services and transactions are occurring on it. Even new software is being developed like Polygon that consolidates transactions and reduces the overall cost in terms of gas fees on Ethereum.
Well, Ethereum is also heading for a massive upgrade this year to the Proof-of-Stake (PoS) blockchain platform. This will exponentially increase the Ethereum network capabilities making it more scalable and cost-effective in terms of gas fees. It will be interesting to see which other Ethereum Layer-1 competitors gain traction going ahead.
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?