Metaverse social app FlickPlay said on Monday it has partnered with The Sandbox to expand interoperability between the two metaverse platforms.
FlickPlay users will now be able to use Flicky, an anthropomorphic chameleon wearing different clothes, as an avatar on The Sandbox metaverse game. Flicky is the first collection of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) by FlickPlay.
FlickPlay is a Pokémon Go-type social metaverse app that allows users to search for digital collectibles in the real world using an interactive map on their mobile phones and record videos with collected digital collectibles using augmented reality (AR).
FlickPlay and The Sandbox Attempt Metaverse Interoperability
The partnership between FlickPlay and The Sandbox has introduced the concept of interoperability within different metaverses. The idea is to explore different metaverses with the same set of NFTs and accessories.
Flicky NFT collections will be first unlocked by users to use on The Sandbox game. It will allow players to to use the exact version of Flicky in both games.
Pierina Merino, founder and chief executive of FlickPlay, believes the companies will complete the interoperability feature by the year.
Sebastien Borget, the co-founder of The Sandbox, told Reuters:
“The integration is notable because it may be the first to bridge an NFT in the virtual world with usage linked to the physical world. The partnership with FlickPlay will help “create a more immersive experience that extends into the metaverse and The Sandbox.”
As per the roadmap, the company will introduce 12000 Flicky NFT collectibles. Out of which, 200 Flicky will have special Sandbox traits that provide its holders with a variety of top rewards in The Sandbox Game.
Moreover, The types of special rewards, worth 0.1 ETH and above, associated with Flicky’s traits vary from customized fashion statements, free airdrops, signed items from famous artists and athletes, access to exclusive events, and more.
The Sandbox Brings Partners Into Metaverse
The Sandbox continues to attract major partners into its metaverse. Recently, HSBC becomes the first bank to acquire land in The Sandbox metaverse for engagement with customers.
Actress and businesswomen Paris Hilton partnered with The Sandbox and organized a DJ concert in the virtual land. Gucci, Warner Music Group, The Walking Dead, Snoop Dogg, and Adidas are other big brands in the metaverse.
- Just-In: Andreessen Horowitz Launches $4.5 Billion Crypto Fund Amid Market Crash
- Why Banning Crypto Mining Is Almost Impossible?
- Will S. Korean Exchanges Relist LUNA? Rumors Claim Terra Founder Reaching Out To Exchanges
- Breaking: Binance “Working Closely” With Terra On Recovery Plan
- Breaking: Terra 2.0 Plan Officially Approved, Testnet Goes Live
- Do Kwon’s Terra 2.0 Plan Rejected By S.Korean Crypto Exchanges
- Just-In: Avalanche Asks ApeCoin To Ditch Ethereum For Otherside Launch
- Tron (TRX) Overtakes Shiba Inu In Value On This Key Reason
- Voting On New Terra Chain To End Soon, Where Does The Tally Stand?
- Ethereum Gas Fee Drops To the Lowest Since July 2021, ETH In Accumulation Phase
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?