Tom Lee, Managing Partner and the Head of Research at Fundstrat Global Advisors who is an avid Bitcoin bull has now increased his Bitcoin price target from $100,000 to $125,000 despite a recent bizarre turnaround by Elon Musk. Musk has recently closed the Bitcoin payment gateway for Tesla cars just a month after availing the service to US customers citing environmental concerns. The claims about bad environmental impact surely took many by surprise given Musk himself is a big advocate for clean energy and the Bitcoin network’s majority mining power input comes from a clean energy source.
Lee in an interview said that Musk’s recent comment about Bitcoin could be a result of pressure from investors. He added that Musk’s recent turnaround would not have much of an impact on Bitcoin bulls and the top cryptocurrency would continue to soar higher. He also increased his price target by $25,000 to prove his point. He explained,
“I don’t think it’s going to get people negative on bitcoin, but it is going to get people to focus on the problems that are being created by digital assets. It is probably better to view it as a call to action for the bitcoin industry to focus on renewables or more efficient ways to provide proof of work.”
Lee is among the selected few early Bitcoin proponents who have always maintained that the top cryptocurrency would top $100,000 which until last year seemed more bizarre than far-fetched.
Is the Recent Market Sell-Off Because of Musk Comments?
Bitcoin price fell nearly 15% on May 12 after Musk announced Tesla’s decision to stop accepting Bitcoin payment. Many believed the market correction was potentially triggered by Musk’s comments, however, on-chain data indicate otherwise. Bitcoin inflow on exchanges had spiked significantly right before Musk’s comments which is a bearish indicator and a sign of sell-off. Thus either people sending Bitcoin onto exchanges were aware of Tesla’s incoming decision or the sell-off was not necessarily triggered by Musk’s comment.
Musk since then has been aggressively promoting and shilling Dogecoin hinting at making necessary development changes to make the meme coin more efficient. He also claimed that he has been in touch with Dogecoin developers but the meme currency network’s developer activity is negligible over the past three years.
- Elon Musk Tweet: Tesla Accepting Dogecoin, But There Is A Catch!
- Chainalysis Report Claims Criminal Usage Of Cryptocurrency Will Decrease In 2022
- SHIB Bulls Cause Shiba Inu Prices To Skyrocket
- Strike App Faces Problems In Argentina; Does Not Support Bitcoin, Claim Users
- Crypto Exchange Bitfinex Tells Ontario Customers To Close Accounts After OSC Canada Cracks Its Whip
- Rio De Janeiro Plans To Buy Bitcoin With City’s 1% Reserve; Tax Discounts Also To Be Offered
- India Seizes $5 Million Worth Assets in $162M Morris Coin Crypto Ponzi Scheme
- North Korean Hackers Embezzled $400 Million In Cryptocurrency Last Year – Report
- Breaking: Elon Musks Tweets ‘Tesla Merch Buyable with Dogecoin’
- Crypto Exchange Binance Enables Direct Withdrawals to Ethereum Layer 2
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?