There could be a flood of institutional investments coming from Germany starting next week. On Monday, August 2, a law is coming into effect that allows Germany’s institutional investors – under the Spezialfonds category – to invest in Bitcoin (BTC) and other cryptocurrencies.
Institutional players like pension funds and insurers can access these funds. Together, these institutional players in Germany manage a staggering 1.8 trillion euros ($2.1 trillion). The regulatory landscape for cryptocurrencies is evolving fast and more institutional players are joining the bandwagon.
However, with the explosion in the crypto market this year, lawmakers have been still taking a slow stand in formulating new rules for cryptocurrencies. Speaking of this development, Tim Kreutzmann, an expert on crypto-assets at BVI, Germany’s fund industry body told Bloomberg:
“Most funds will initially stay well below the 20% mark. On the one hand, institutional investors such as insurers have strict regulatory requirements for their investment strategies. And on the other hand, they must also want to invest in crypto.”
All Depends on Crypto Market Volatility
Well, it is certain that digital currencies have given outsized returns over the last decade, the extreme market volatility has prevented institutional players from joining. Such players usually have a conservative approach to investing in assets with steady returns.
Kamil Kaczmarski, a financial services adviser at a management consulting firm Oliver Wyman LLC, said that the initial participation in the crypto funds could be at a low level. He noted that most funds won’t leverage. the 20% threshold for at least the next five years.
DWS Group, the asset manager for Deutsche Bank AG, has been continuously monitoring the development. But a spokesperson confirmed that they are not currently planning to offers fund that has exposure to crypto. Germany’s another popular asset manager DekaBank has been willing to enter the crypto market and an announcement could be soon made in this regard.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long